Dynamo Moscow (1) vs Celtic (0)

So just Fox for Naylor so.

Thanks for that larry, any word on the bench?

Only listing Zaluska, Samaras and Brown so far on UEFA site.

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/fixturesresults/round=2000026/match=2000342/index.html

Ill see you all in bar51

just as a point of note- ill be there with a work colleague - my online image & the reality i show to my workmates differ slightly -in work i project myself as a slightly cumbersome introvert whose main passion in life is his job - please respect my offline persona in front of my workmate

[quote=“north county corncrake”]Ill see you all in bar51

just as a point of note- ill be there with a work colleague - my online image & the reality i show to my workmates differ slightly -in work i project myself as a slightly cumbersome introvert who main passion in life is his job - please respect my offline persona in front of my workmate[/quote]

It’s only a very subtle difference from your online persona but I’ll make sure to keep up the pretence.

I’m out of here to celebrate a glorious night for Ireland. See ye down there.

Seems that Celtic havce covered up their sponsor’s name on their jersey tonight with insulating tape…

just as a point of note- ill be there with a work colleague - my online image & the reality i show to my workmates differ slightly -in work i project myself as a slightly cumbersome introvert whose main passion in life is his job - please respect my offline persona in front of my workmate[/quote]

:smiley: :clap:

1-0 to Celtic, McDonald in the 44th minute.

Samaras scores in the 91`st min to win it for celtic.

fair play to FC priest tonight, samaras who has the speed and poise of an oil tanker actually did very well for that second goal, sean maloney should hve finished it earlier tho with that chance he had close in,
dinamo were disappointing but in fairness to the kiddiefiddlers they were well organised tonite…
im not too sure can i see them get any furthur in the competition tho if they draw a proper team in the next round, if they get beaten there tho they will still have UEFA cup football till december so that should be good for revenue…

anyway, hopefully their fans wont get up to too much kiddiefiddling if they have one too many beers tonite…
apparently aiden macgeady given his strong catholic links and former career as an alter boy is a favourite for not only football reasons for FC priest / kiddiefiddler FC / glasgow celtic fans

C’mon the hoops. Great result.

Up to me bollix in work so couldn’t watch it. Booooooo Work.

[quote=“The Runt”]C’mon the hoops. Great result.

Up to me bollix in work so couldn’t watch it. Booooooo Work.[/quote]

You’re still working Runt? I thought you’d a lovely, cushy job? :smiley:

Great result for Celtic. Is that qualification to the group stages guaranteed or is there another qualifying round?

[quote=“The Dunph”]You’re still working Runt? I thought you’d a lovely, cushy job? :smiley:

Great result for Celtic. Is that qualification to the group stages guaranteed or is there another qualifying round?[/quote]

Another round to go i’d say, the likes of Arsenal etc haven’t played yet…

just as a point of note- ill be there with a work colleague - my online image & the reality i show to my workmates differ slightly -in work i project myself as a slightly cumbersome introvert whose main passion in life is his job - please respect my offline persona in front of my workmate[/quote]

thinly veiled “internet hardman, real life pussy”:D:D

Nail… Hammer…Head

Superb result and ecouraging stuff that. Performance was positive, gutsy and had bit of class about it. We took the game to them from the off and were thoroughly worthy winners over the 180 minutes. Moscow were poor tonight and allowed us to come at them but too often in the past we haven’t exploited other teams defiencies but tonight we did. Well done Mowbray, Grant

Boruc - 7.5 Little to do. Motivation plays huge part in this guys performances and he looks a lot more determined than last year. Always sprinting up off his arse to start our play up again. Still could do with following Bradley Wiggins diet for a couple of weeks
Hinkel - 8 One awful error in second half but two goal line clearances and put in cross for the goal. Had no one to support him on right for much of the game (odd tactics that) but bombed forward well.
Caldwell - 7.5 Defended well but little sloppy at times. Like him as captain though must say
Loovens - 5 Clumsy foul after clumsy foul. Too eager to ship on responsibility like backing off when defending or giving ball to someone in an inferior position
Fox - 7 Does things that bit quicker than Naylor. Distribution was mixed but can pick a pass.
Maloney - 7 Thought he mixed his game well tonight. Looked a threat and showed good energy. More promising
Donati - 7 DIdn’t do much but what he did he did well by and large. Provided good shield when necessary. Would have liked to see him be as eager to look for ball when others are in trouble with possession
NGuemo - 9.5 Finest central midfield display from team I supported since S Reid’d heroics in Montenegro. Passed the ball well, tackled well, good energy and very intelligent. Other than dive and caught in possession once (followed by great ankle tap) he was flawless and that is saying something considering he took on responsibility. Sheer quality
McGeady - 6.5 Some nice trickery but not much came off for him tonight. Unusually quiet in second half.
McDonald - 7 Took his goal very well. Little bit disappointed with his general play in first half but did what he was meant to with that header.
Fortune - 6 Showed good energy, linked up play was average enough. Didn’t look like scoring
Brown - 7 Did well. Interesting to see how he’d do with NGuemo
Samaras - 8 Frustrating at times as per usual but got the all important goal. Well done Sam
Mowbray - Made some interesting if odd calls (not playing right side midfielder for instance) but we thoroughly deserved to go through. Mixed our game up well and weren’t predictable which we became at end of last year.
Brian Kerr- Informative and knows his stuff. Good pundit he is I’ve discovered

[quote=“The Dunph”]You’re still working Runt? I thought you’d a lovely, cushy job? :smiley:

Great result for Celtic. Is that qualification to the group stages guaranteed or is there another qualifying round?[/quote]

im not too sure id go as far as saying a “great” result
a “great” result would be maybe securing a place in the last 16, if this is what FC Priest aspire to be a great result, given that they still have ANOTHER qualifying round to negotiate then anything else after this progression will be a bonus…
i guess if this is a “great” result then one must ask the question, what is the expectation of FC priest / kiddiefiddlers FC / Glasgow celtic in the CL,?
maybe,the answer is only to get to the final qualifying round, if so then this is a " great" result… i always thought for a club of its size a qualifier like this would be considered a must - win…

if you look at their company in the draw for this round you can see the level of opposition they are up against, BATE Borisov, slavia praha, teams from kazakstan / moldova… come on, i know its dinamo moskva but still this is limited opposition…

for fuck sake, bohs should have beaten salzburg, salzburg beat bad blue boys of dianmo zagreb…
if bohs got thru to the final qualifying round it would be a great result, now celtic are at this level

with players like oil tanker samaras, maloney, scott mccdonald, fox, caldwell, macgeady,hinkel, fortune , boruc et al and a proven managerial failure in mowbary u can see this teams linmitations and how they are happy to be challening powerhouses like motherwell and dundee united for thurd place in the north of england fifth division north league

We will meet either Arsenal, Lyon, Stuttgart, Fiorentina or Atletico Madrid in next round. Live coverage of draw on Setanta Ireland.

Best display from Irish representatives since Harrington and McGettigan in 1994. Fucking awesome. Attacking, imaginative, sublime, splendid, republican. Ah lovely. Kudos to all the patriot heroes tonight. A freekick delegation will be outside the ladies’ shitter on the ground floor in Copper’s from midnight tonight. All are welcome.

:smiley: :clap: :smiley: