Early Risers Club - A sneak peek into Corkie’s work practises

i absolutely love smoking
id only have them at the weekends but jesus you’d plough thru 8 or 9 of them no problem out the back garden there on a saturday night with a few cans

5 Likes

I regularly nick 20 minutes around lunch time.
You’d be bursting at the seams after it.

1 Like

Same. 20-40 minutes ina gap around lunch time between high powered meetings.

Id be tearing architects and program managers apart that are after being up since 4.30 am and are on autopilot

1 Like

Slave

1 Like

japs are incredible workers - stone mad
there’d be a load of them onsite there and they’d sleep in the canteen for an hour or 2 during the day
they get bussed around - to and from the hotel - no rental cars - ferocious workers

1 Like

Its about the only reason Id still play golf occasionally id chain smoke around the course. Other than that just a few with a few pints.

I heard the Japs are clane useless, working every hour under the sun but never actually doing anything. No such thing as initiative, only pure drones. Promoted entirely on seniority no merit taken into it at all. Grand in a factory or whatever I’m sure. The weirdos fall asleep at their desks on purpose then to make it seem like they are flat out. It’s seen as a sign of a great worker to fall asleep at your desk :sweat_smile:

They love karaoke and strip clubs when they hit Europe

far from useless in my experience - altho i do operate at the rather lower echelons of the various food chains

chinese are useless in regards to initaive
they only seek to copy- they will absorb everything and will go and replicate for cheaper, major corpoations are scared shite of them - they need the market but in general all hi tech manufactured in china will be a least an n-2 process (n being latest rev) as the cunts can shut down at any stage and take what they need or insert cheaper versions into a process flow that could have consequences

1 Like

What is the average time a lad on the dole gets up at

Sounds like the public service to me.

I worked on a project with about 50 engineers spread out across the globe. The Japanese team were the only ones to be trusted to deliver on time and on spec, every time. They put the other engineers to shame. No excuses, just delivery.

1 Like

Well they’re clearly quite an innovative society; from technology to the likes of JIT.

But they are known for being very unproductive but they get the job done well. It’s the US culture on steroids, which is bad enough as it is. It’s really quite frustrating to deal and live with. Half of Harvard Business Review’s output is setting right the stupid parts of the work culture.

Things like not leaving while the boss is still in the office even if they’ve no work to be doing.

The Japanese government is cracking down on overtime and introducing work life balance incentives to battle it.

2 Likes

They love getting pissed after work as well. You’ve to stay out until the boss goes home at the work parties too, regardless of what else you’ve going on.

1 Like

Employer induced alcoholism :sweat_smile:

If you were the boss you could have a great time fucking people’s lives up

1 Like

Picking up the jacket after every pint and then going nah only messing

3 Likes

Tim’s lining up a whopper here

The culture there though is that life is work and they just do everything with colleagues.

I’d actually have more of a problem with the US culture. Basically they just decide it’s the busy period from such and such a month and that’s it. Even if there’s no work to be doing, the team have to get used to working until that time, all eating meals together and stuff. Mandatory Saturdays. Basically treating people like children. People don’t want to be there but all go along with it. And then a senior management person will think they’re throwing people a bone near a project deadline telling people to go home early at 7pm, when you actually wouldn’t mind working late.

My gf has unlimited annual leave in a tech company and actually uses it to her hearts content which surprises me though.

1 Like