EFL Championship 2018/19

They are a sleeping giant.

I recall Villa being one of the first adapters of the rigid 3-5-2 that became flavor of the month in the EPL in the mid/late 1990s. The late Ugo Ehiogu, Southgate and Gareth Barry in the back three. Little Alan Wright left wing back, cant recall who was on the right. Likes of Lee Hendrie in midfield. Might have overlapped with Ian Taylor, another attacking mid. Who anchored that midfield? Juan Pablo Angel arrived upfront at some stage. Dion Dublin, Savo Milosevic, Dwight Yorke, Stan Collymore among the strikers they had. Maybe the late Dalian Atkinson was before that time.

1 Like

Ozzy Osbourne going mad there

Mark Draper on that team too? Andy Townsend too for a while. Gary Charles was a right winger for a while too anyway. How long was Julian Joachim around too?

1 Like

The mercurial Sasa Curcic arrived from Bolton but was a crazy party boy.

Your forgetting Andy Townsend, Steve Stauton and possibly Paul McGrath depending on where in your imaginary timeline you are

Also Boxofficenich in goals as well.

1 Like

Gary Charles went off the rails. Think he spent time in prison. He’s one of these lads Roy Keane helps without any media publicity, even though the media publicise it. They came through ranks at Forest.

Alan Thompson and Merse were at Villa under John Gregory in the late 90s

I loved that very good Villa team of the early 90s managed by Ron Atkinson that had Dalian Atkinson, Tony Daley and Pail McGrath in it.

1 Like

The original water carrier

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/61187628_10157792655160982_1419181121584758784_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=2208cbd7daf9e5a3957b257f4be8ceff&oe=5D9C2F11

A seriously creepy bastard in the background there. Is he from Cork?

By god

Uncle Tom English hasn’t a breeze.

Why does Prince William follow Villa? Isn’t he the Duke of Cambridge?

He follows Cambridge in the Boat Race and the Varsity Match.

Shouldn’t he follow Cambridge United?

Dion Dublin started his career with Cambridge and became a Villa legend. I’d say that’s the connection

1 Like

Why not Coventry City?

He was too preoccupied to care about soccerball in the aftermath of his mother passing away