EFL Championship 2018/19

Just the one win in nine league matches for Jose Gomes since taking over at Reading.

I think it’s important to give him time to rectify the mess that he inherited from the hapless Paul Clement, only 1 defeat in his last 5 league games and that came against Frank Lampard’s High Flying Rams. Certainly that kind of form will see him meet the same fate as Clement in the long term.

Mugged off rating.

Mugged right off.

3 Likes

Martin O’Neill’s Forest one up on West Brom

Jose Gomes Rejuvenated Royals go unbeaten in 4 league games for the first time since Jaap Stam’s reign with a win over Blackburn Rovers this evening. 1 point clear of the relegation zone, he’s making good strides from the mess he inherited from the hapless Paul Clement.

@GeoffreyBoycott

2 Likes

Norwich City arrived at Deepdale tonight top of the table. They leave a chastened lot after a 3-1 beating from the mighty Preston North End.

cc @Cicero_Dandi

I was responding to the fact Jose Gomes has managed 4 unbeaten league games in succession in his first 2 months in charge, something that the hapless Paul Clement could not manage in his ill fated spell.

1 Like

100 posts on the merits or demerits of Jose Gomes, please, chaps.

This one could grip the forum.

1 Like

Signing out. My only interest in the EFL is Alex Neil’s Preston North End. 13 points from last 15. Charging up the table.

Image result for zlatan celebration gif

1 Like

Paddy O’Bamford has dirty Leeds two up vs WBA.

Leeds three to the good now. Ref letting every challenge go, proper full-blooded EFL combat.

@Tassotti will be loving this

4-0 finish. Perfect reaction to the shit show during the week. Puts the pressure on the others for tomorrow now.

2 Likes

Bamford among the goals is huge, could be the difference

Wednesday look value in the Steel City Derby at 11/4?

Dogged oul derby game here.

Robert Flecks nephew playing for Sheffield United here as is Anna McGokdricks son.

2 Likes

That’s either genius or the first touch of a donkey.

Having seen him play 20 minutes as a sub for Derby against Nottingham Forest last week, I’m inclined to think it’s the latter.