Eircom Broadband. might help ye

We have the broadband and talktime bundle. We dont actually use the phone so I said i’d ring em see could I upgrade the broadband.
Conversation went as follows (after ten minutes holding).

Me: We have the talktime and broaband bundle, but we dont use the phone so i’d like to upgrade the broadband and get rid of the talk time.
Him: Well your current bundle is 51.50 a month and the 3mb broadband is 55.50 a month without any talk time.
Me: I see so it’d be an extra 4 euro’s a month with no talktime (just clarifying like)
Him: I’ll tell you what i’ll do. I’ll give you the upgraded broadband and the talktime for 50.50 a month.
Me: So your upgrading the broadband I keep the talk time and your reducing the bill by one euro?
Him: Ya i’ll have your speed upgraded within 48 hours oh and did you know you have 200 hundred free weekend and evening minutes to Meteor in that package.
Me: Legend.

Bizarre :popcorn::smiley:

Happy days though

I think this chap is having a right laugh to himself at your expense… He’s only stringing you along…

[quote=“Julio Geordio”]We have the broadband and talktime bundle. We dont actually use the phone so I said i’d ring em see could I upgrade the broadband.
Conversation went as follows (after ten minutes holding).

Me: We have the talktime and broaband bundle, but we dont use the phone so i’d like to upgrade the broadband and get rid of the talk time.
Him: Well your current bundle is 51.50 a month and the 3mb broadband is 55.50 a month without any talk time.
Me: I see so it’d be an extra 4 euro’s a month with no talktime (just clarifying like)
Him: I’ll tell you what i’ll do. I’ll give you the upgraded broadband and the talktime for 50.50 a month.
Me: So your upgrading the broadband I keep the talk time and your reducing the bill by one euro?
Him: Ya i’ll have your speed upgraded within 48 hours oh and did you know you have 200 hundred free weekend and evening minutes to Meteor in that package.
Me: Legend.

Bizarre :popcorn::smiley:

Happy days though[/quote]

hate to break it to you julio but you would’ve gotten the BB upgrade anyway, most exchanges are going LLU and can therefore 7.2mb instead of a max of 3mb

try a broadband speed test now and one in 3 days, the line may already be 7.2

[quote=“artfoley”]hate to break it to you julio but you would’ve gotten the BB upgrade anyway, most exchanges are going LLU and can therefore 7.2mb instead of a max of 3mb

try a broadband speed test now and one in 3 days, the line may already be 7.2[/quote]

He gave me a euro off though :popcorn:

Is that another metaphor Dunph

Julio listen to me carefully.

Whatever he offers you turn it down. He’s only bluffing.

I just tested my download speed there its at 0.9 mbs. I will report back later in the week with my findings

Eircom are fucked. Customers leaving them all the over the shop. You should have told your man to sing you a song or else you were switching providers, he’d probably have done it.

:popcorn::D:D:clap:

woohoo :popcorn:

make sure you’re not extending your contract !!!

are you based in dublin ?

for 48 quid you can get 7mb and free calls http://www.vodafone.ie/df/modem/homebroadband/?gap=pers-home&gag=row3&gac=VAH_06082009

there are fibre upgraded exchanges with 24mb

Ya, I think I’ll be going with Vodafone 3MB fixed line BB for my new gaff. It’s one of the cheapest going at 40 p/m inc line rental along with free calls etc.

[quote=“artfoley”]woohoo :popcorn:

make sure you’re not extending your contract !!!

are you based in dublin ?

for 48 quid you can get 7mb and free calls http://www.vodafone.ie/df/modem/homebroadband/?gap=pers-home&gag=row3&gac=VAH_06082009

there are fibre upgraded exchanges with 24mb

http://www.speedtest.net/result/579334675.png[/quote]

Was looking at that alright but the bills not in my name and I have no intention of putting it in my name.

i still get staff rates, even though I left bt 3 years ago, vodafone better keep me on it !!