El Clasico

:rolleyes:

A 4-0 demolition in a European Cup final with a makeshift central defence against arguably the world’s two best strikers is well comparable.

Unreal, un-fuckin-real. :clap:

What is the score now?

The ball behind the madrid centre backs has worked all night. Granted the player passing it has had little or no pressure on him but the Madrid defenders seem to have no awareness of who was to the left or right of them or whether to step up and play offside or not. Carvalho was finished at Chelsea but bad and all as he was Pepe next to him is nowhere near good enough for this level.

Messi and Xavi were unplayable in the bit I saw.

Very one sided although entertaining.

Can’t understand why Madrid didn’t defend a bit deeper.

Jose jou have some explaining to do

Ronaldo is an unbelievable player but Messi is head and shoulders above him it has to be said. His vision and hunger for the ball is just miles ahead of the Portuguese winker. Even in games when Messi is supposedly shit such as in the World Cup with Argentina or last year v Inter he is still always looking to get on the ball, make little runs and create things. Don’t think I’ve ever seen him have a properly bad game by normal standards.
Ronaldo on the other hand, like every other player, has his night’s like tonight when he can hardly get a kick of it and doesn’t even look like he wants it. He does score quite a few goals in big games but too often he seems to let the occasion get to him and is next to useless. Can’t really remember him having a great game or a huge influence in a really big game yet.

Well Dunph, the master tipster :lol:

When played like that i don’t think there is better entertainment like it anywhere else in the world, sport, the arts, whatever you’d like to mention. Sensational.
:clap: :barcasmile:

Messi
:clap:

I was clearly joking, Kevin. Don’t take everything at face value.

:rolleyes:

FFS.

Messi has had off games. Thought he was dire against Germany in the World Cup for example.

Think Ronaldo doing it in the Chanpions League final a few years back puts your little argument to bed.

Thats why i never take your tips

I’d love to see the stats from tonight’s game. Total team passes and number of passes attempted and completed by Xavi and Iniesta and stuff like that. I read something before that the amount of completed passes in a Champions League game is generally somewhere around 350-400 per team. I reckon those two possibly had around 150 passes each. Barca must have had over 70% possession - they probably had over double that normal level of team passes too. Incredible passing and movement. The spaces and angles they made for each other and the absolute quality of their play was phenomenal.

Real Madrid are only 2 points behind though and Mourinho is well capable of piecing things back together after that utter destruction. Tough game away to Valencia on Saturday night but they’ll probably be a good price to win it outright after tonight. :unsure:

:lol:

Stick to the coursing…

Iker Casillas looked like am old man for the first time tonight.

:clap:

Keep em guessing

[quote=“Bandage, post: 537111”]
I’d love to see the stats from tonight’s game. [/quote]

I read one stat at half time, the top passers for each team were Xavi with 46 and Marcelo with 8.
I’d imagine that gap widened considerably in the second half.

110 completed passes by Xavi, a record for La Liga this season I believe.

Some hyperbole on the passing stats by me. :rolleyes:

FFS.

I thought Xavi and Iniesta were immense tonight.

Barça-Real FT stats –
Shots 15-5,
on target 6-2,
Passes 684-331,
Pass completion 89%-74%,
Possession 67%-33%,
Fouls 12-16

That is a sensational number of passes with a cracking completion rate. As MBB posted above, Xavi’s 110 passes was a La Liga record. Xavi had 22 more passes than anyone else on the pitch in the first half alone.

Gerry Armstrong is a fairly poor advert for Grecian 2000