El Classico

Wonder how boycott will play this one

Irrelevant Boycott will probably start discussing wheat crops in Bosnia in response to that.

Milan 2007 presumably? Can’t say I recall him. Was he in the starting team?

You can’t recall a World Cup and Champions League winner?

Gilardino scored the 3rd as Milan destroyed English Champions Man Utd in the semi-final.

cringe

here comes the diversion

1 Like

Calling @backinatracksuit, shitty pants needs backup.

3 Likes

in fairness to @GeoffreyBoycott he was probably at deepdale that night

3 Likes

He didn’t play in the final though. He got a subs medal like Sturridge got for Chelsea.

Is Pirlo still playing in New York?

Jaysis that’s a fair box in the chops!!!

Gilardino played in the final.

That wasnt the question

The edgy @carryharry is back. :grinning:
I missed you mate, you gonna get stuck in behind your heroes here?

Hadn’t noticed he wasn’t around…

1 Like

Retured did he not?

Dunno.

Looked it up and I see he came on as an 88th minute substitute for Filippo Inzaghi.

As you’ve illustrated the derisory attendance figures in Serie A are a symptom of the decline of Italian football in general. In the last two World Cups, Italy have failed to get out of the group stages (largely as a consequence of losing to Costa Rica in 2014 and failing to beat New Zealand in 2010). Their club sides have performed so poorly for a decade now that there apparently isn’t a currently active Italian footballer in Europe left who has played on a European Cup winning team other than super sub Alberto Gilardino with his two minute cameo in 2007.

Messi, a four time European Cup winner is sneered at because apparently he hasn’t done it against under performing Italian sides in Europe (completely overlooking his role in the 2015 European Cup final win over Juventus).

5 Likes

Nobody said Gilardino was the greatest player in the world, mate.

Messi doesn’t do it against Italian sides, nor does he do it at the business end of major international competitions.

Not a great.

Italian managers are too busy coasting it in the EPL over the past few years.

1 Like

Billy Bullshit strikes again!

4 Likes

Did Messi not win player of the tournament last world cup? His stats were off the charts also I believe

2 Likes