Electric Picnic

Is this still a thing ?

1 Like

I wonder would Kylie tip away at a few pints in Caseys Saturday to get herself into the swing of things?

Yes but it’s for tweenies now. It has become Oxygen and ATN has become the original EP.

2 Likes

Is it not for people in their 20s which is what the original ep was?

Would anyone?

EP is over 18s now. ATN is over 21s. Makes a world of a difference at that age. EP is boozed and coked up Leaving Cert kids. ATN is chilled out college students and apprentices in professional services firms (or trainees as I believe they call them now) and young families.
Also EP has a capacity of 70k, ATN 27k.

1 Like

LOL.

Serious market research done there :smile: yeah I suppose you’re right the gap in the market left by oxygen had to be filled somewhere. There is forbidden fruit too. Id imagine still a huge amount of people in their mid to late 20s at EP. Also coked up.

EP used to range from 20s-40s. The first few years had a very mature crowd for the most part…now anyone over 27 is out of place there

1 Like

My younger brother came back from ATN saying the crowd was “ancient”. I asked what age and “yours” was the answer.

11 Likes

What would traffic be like going south on Friday afternoon on the M7? Years since I was near EP and going the opposite direction. I’m not going to EP but plan to passing Laois on motorway around 2:30/3pm-ish (under normal circumstances). Will there be significant delays?

Nah be grand

1 Like

Nope. Stay in outside lane and you’ll be the finest

1 Like

She a Bergins woman?

How could you resist Andy

Electric Picnic 2024: Fans complain about ‘awful’ experience after being directed to overflow campsites

:face_with_peeking_eye:

Andrew Emerson, who is 48 and from Portarlington, says he has lost count of the number of Electric Picnics he has been to. “It’s the buzz off the young people. Everyone is in good form and there’s loads of energy,” he said. “I’m stuck in the generation of the 1990s and the 2000s. I’m here to wander around and be dragged into a tent by what I hear from skins, bass guitar and electric guitar.”

1 Like

Living not existing

All I can picture is this

4 Likes

I couldn’t think of much worse than spend the weekend at EP