Electric Picnic

Line up for this year Sept 4-6 announced.
Snuck in easy enough on the Saturday afternoon last year but might just buy a ticket this year…

Orbital

• Flaming Lips
  • Basement Jaxx
  • Madness
  • MGMT
  • Fleet Foxes
  • The Klaxons
  • Bell X1
  • Rodrigo Y Gabriela
  • Chic
  • Seasick Steve
  • 2 Many DJs
  • Lisa Hannigan
  • Explosions in the Sky
  • Damien Dempsey
  • Alabama 3
  • Bat for Lashes
  • Zero 7
  • Erol Alkan
  • Roots Manuva
  • The Sugarhill Gang
  • Billy Bragg
  • Lykke Li
  • Imelda May
  • Echo and the Bunnymen
  • Magazine
  • ESG
  • Moderat
  • Simian Mobile Disco
  • Four Tet
  • Skream and Benga - Magnetic Man
  • Noze
  • Heartbreak
  • Halfset
  • Chris Cunningham
  • Okkervil River
  • Magnolia Electric Company
  • Low Anthem
  • Villagers
  • Tunng
  • Jape
  • Whitest Boy Alive
  • Michachu and the Shapes
  • The Walkmen
  • Michael Nyman
  • Dublin Gospel Choir
  • Quantic Soul Orchestra
  • Jazzanova

MGMT, Fleet Foxes and Billy Bragg would be my three against the field. Bit underwhelming really for 240 nicker.

Very impressive line up there. Might have to invest some Bugs Bunny into getting tickets and then save up some Johnny Cash to spend on a gourmet burger.

That’s a shite lineup, I know a lot of people like to turn their noses up at Oxegen because a lot of knackers go to it, which to a point is fair enough. But in terms of quality and quantity the lineup for Oxegen has always been far far superior, this yoke seems to attract a lot of people who just aren’t really into music. That’s the only explanation I can think of.

240 is very steep

I’d be of the same opinion, looks good to me. Going to make the effort this year, only one of my group never at it.

Oxegen has a far better line-up in terms of actually being excited about seeing certain acts (Blur, The Specials). I like a lot of the EP bands but wouldn’t really give much of a toss about seeing any of them especially. And for 240 I’d like to be excited about more than just the fact it’ll be great craic for a weekend.

Also, there’s literally hundreds of really exciting groups around at the moment who I’d love to see in there rather than stuff like The Klaxons who were decent for about 5 minutes 2 years ago.

Does anyone really need to see 2ManyDjs, Seasick Steve or Damien Dempsey again already?

The three-day thing is a bit prohibitive for me, three days in a sopping tent with Madness the reward… fuck that. I’d rather catch the likes of Fleet Foxes indoors on their own in Dublin some time anyway. I have this fascination with Dinosaur Pile Up anyway at the moment and I don’t see them on the bill!

Will probably go to see the likes of Fleet Foxes, Flaming Lips, 2 Many DJs and a few more. It’s a better lineup than last year. I really enjoy it as a weekend to be honest without letting myself get too hung up about the extortionate price. Oxygen probably does have the big name bands but I wouldn’t put myself through it again.

Michael Nyman at a music festival - well I never.

How would both festivals rate on…

Chances of getting a hiding.
Changes of having all your shit robbed.

That line up is shocking

(I couldn’t help myself)

They usually add the names of some of the bigger acts after the tickets have sold out to keep away a certain element… in saying that Orbital, MGMT, Simian Mobile Disco, Fleet foxes and Bat for lashes are a great addition to any festival.

EP, festival for coonts.

Thought you might say that.
Have you been? Or do you know anyone that has?
Are they all cunts?

I know the area well.

I’ve made more than a few bob off it.

I’ve been in and out most weekends earning a coin.

It is a festival for the worst kind of coont. Hopefully the recession will do away with a lot of them.

[quote=“myboyblue”]I know the area well.

I’ve made more than a few bob off it.

I’ve been in and out most weekends earning a coin.

It is a festival for the worst kind of coont. Hopefully the recession will do away with a lot of them.[/quote]

You’d be a great marketing manager.:o
The bit of culture must have rocked you to the ground.

Culture? At the EP?

Get the fook out of here.

Clean the coonts out for all their worth, simple as that.

Additions to what though? They are the festival!

For the moment yes, more to follow… There’s a lot more to the place than just music… there’s all that culture Kev is on about…