ENGLAND Supporters Thread

Sounds like it. Paddy Footix getting all hot and bothered about the group stages. The serious business and the tournament proper starts on Saturday.

1 Like

Marcus Rashford this generation’s Geoff Hurst?

Senegal up next, is it?

England will rape Senegal

1 Like

Who are our likely quarter final opponents once we dispatch Senegal?

World Champions France. That’ll be a very tough one for ye. Ye’re blessed that Sadio Mane is out for the Senegalese. The cards always seem to fall Coach Southgates way.

England have a 100% winning record against France at the World Cup.

2 Likes

I’d fancy the English against the French.

On the flip side for France, Harry Maguire is fit.

1 Like

Harry Maguire is England’s best player

He’s gonna destroy Mbappe

France did have one win over a rabble of an English team in a quarter-final in 2011 but even then the French won in spite of themselves. They won a 3rd and 4th place play-off in 1995 but nobody cared.

England have won the real crunch clashes, winning in Paris in the quarter-final in 1991 and the semi-final in 2007, and in the 2003 semi-final in Sydney.

London beat Paris to win the right to host the 2012 Olympics. British cyclists have owned the Tour De France in recent years. On the battlefield you’d even trust the Italians to put up a better fight against the English than the French have historically done. The British had to liberate France twice in World Wars because the French couldn’t do it themselves. English food is more internationally loved than French food.

Psychologically you feel the French have an inferiority complex about the English across so many different fields.

2 Likes

Debatable :smile:

What’s English food exactly?

Whatever the food bank is serving these days unfortunately.

2 Likes

I love Senegal. My new favourite team. Going to listen to some Akon now

2 Likes

Chinese, Indian, fried chicken, etc.

English pie

1 Like

If there was ever a man to be caught ball-watching, attempting to play for an off-side or awkwardly sticking out a leg in the box that costs you the match it’s Maguire.
He’s on a goodish run but as sure as there’s shite in a goose (@Fagan_ODowd ) Maguire will be England’s downfall by the time this is over.