ENGLAND Supporters Thread

would MM not support our EU neighbours instead the turncoat

Your Prime Minister is an awful fat bastard; at least Champ Martin keeps himself some way in shape

I’m not sure why he’s surprised to be honest. Genuinely most football people I know in England wouldn’t bother going to watch the national team if they got a free ticket. It’s the complete inverse of Ireland. People in England seem to have regional pride, but no national pride, bar the pensioners who think being three years old in 1945 means they “won” WW2, and thugs and yobs who use it for recreational rioting.
UEFA should react by making England play all their qualifying games in Russia for the next 10 years or so, with full travel rights to supporters, and “pragmatic” policing.
It’s a sad fact that I’d not attend an away game of even Salford wearing a Salford jersey though. Soccer attracts the dregs of humanity.
It isn’t confined to England, but England was the birthplace of the absolute scum support and continues to incubate it.

1 Like

A lot of English fans of bigger clubs are ambivalent to the national team and are more in to their club team .

1 Like

The England fans you see getting battered by foreign police are typically fans of lower and non-league teams. The EPL fans get their glory elsewhere and hate half the players in the national team.

I love me club and me national team.

2 Likes

Remarkable for a county more noted for cricket & rugby league

In a whatsapp group with around 10 English blokes I knew from years ago, all working class, northerners. Most of them couldn’t care less about the English team from what I can see. More interested in the tour de france at the moment.

We’re a very diverse lot with varied sporting interests. The British Lions and the Ashes would rank much higher for me on the list of sporting priorities for 2021 but I’m fully invested and behind the soccer lads.

It’s been emotional week for Harry.

RIP Paudge Kane.

I must say it’s very magnanimous of the English to not complain about the illegal Danish goal. They just dusted themselves down and got on with it. An example that other countries, such as say, Ireland, could learn a lot from.

Very stoic sure.

You wouldn’t even know the hand of god ever happened

It’s terrible hypocrisy on the part of those who accused the English of being bitter in 1986 to be bitter themselves now.

Equally hypocrtical to accuse Diego of being a cheat and not to refer to Sterling the same way.

Swings and roundabouts

I didn’t accuse Diego of being a cheat. Diego was streetwise. So was Sterling. I’d applaud a player’s smarts in doing something that had a better chance of giving an advantage to their team. We’ve already seen in this tournament that players who don’t go down when fouled tend not to get awarded penalties.

I hear something like 20k Danes have signed a petition to get the match replayed. Good luck to them with that.

Maybe they need John Delaney on the case. He’ll surely swing it.