ENGLAND Supporters Thread

Her whole article seems to be anti nationalism and patriotism and she finishes with that.She seems a bit of an idiot

I wouldn’t be a big fan of her writing in general but as I said I think she did raise some good points. Using the term “great countries” is not one of them. There are no great countries. No country should try to be a great country, only a good country. But good countries do try to lead by example. Patriotism and nationalism are mutually exclusive. Those who currently brand themselves as “patriots” (paytriots) are grubby little far right nationalists, the exact opposite of actual patriots.

The bits that were good coincidentally are the bits that align with your worldview?

It was an absolute cluster fuck of an article, praising the leader of a country within the EU for rooting for a country that has just left the EU over an EU nation. Smacks of misguided diplomacy to me, not soft diplomacy

Soft diplomacy would have been to say I hope it’s a good final and may the best team win.

Your obsession with picking sides has lead to you sticking up for a pro-Israel Tory here

Have you considered Martin and Coveney actually wanted England to win? Like a lot of Irish people did?

have you considered them saying so publicly may not have been in the best interests of their respective offices?

Soft diplomacy my bollix

Huge scandal about to break about Marcus Rashford. He has endorsement deals. Shocking stuff.

It really fucking angers the likes of Andrew Neil and Fraser Nelson that a young man of colour can use his platform to do some good for society, doesn’t it?

2 Likes

Youd have to ask yourself loudly, if Engerland had won the euros, would this even be mentioned? Racism is like covid. It fucking mutates

3 Likes

Hardly racist. Greedy footballer is the story angle they pursuing

Maybe. But I’d still ask the question, if they had won the thing, would this have got a mention?

Who is the premier League player here?

Don’t know, but I suppose he deserves to be considered innocent until proven Gylfi

4 Likes

I presume its linked to the story that broke on the premier league thread here either yesterday or thr before

It’s racist

Joke of an article but this is only fuelling Rashfords appeal to the general public I would say based on how bmhe responded on twitter… Far far more people will see his response on socal media than will see the spectator article

You’d imagine the cohort that read the spectator are bang in the category Rashford really couldn’t give a fuck about

1 Like

There is no question that the Tory party and its associated propaganda machine fear Rashford and they fear black players in general being outspoken. The campaign to bring him down will be long running and they’ll try to seize on anything they can. If they fail, they’ll try and piggyback on him in the most cynical way possible.

5 Likes

Reading that thread before September is against the summer sports code

1 Like

Jesus the English media are out doing themselves again. That man has more integrity in his little toe than them cunts. It’s amazing some of the work him and other English footballers are doing off the field these days.

2 Likes

I never saw Beckham getting any media grief or 2nd guessing for his charity work and he’s the greatest fraud of the lot, completely in it for himself. I think Rashford is genuine and the Brits and British media are racist fuckers.

12 Likes

100% race element to it. Henderson has donated loads this year too but never anything about him in the papers. They are just waiting for one of the black players to slip up. British press are scum.

2 Likes