ENGLAND Supporters Thread

he has been playing a kind of 3-4-3 with wing backs so more of a 5-2-3 with wing backs

I’d say it’ll be something like

Pickford

Walker Stones Maguire

James Rice Phillips Chilwell

Sterling Kane Mount

You probably won’t be far off there. Bellingham should definitely come in and fellas are raving about tomori as well.

What’s grealish at ?

the team i’d pick

Pickford

James Stones Guehi Chillwell
Rice
Saka Bellingham Foden
Kane

We have an embarrassment of riches.

he got injured first game this season. He is doing a job for pep on the left recycling possession and winning frees.

Worst mistake he ever made, joining City.

He’s not really a pep type player is ?

never in a million years… needs too many touches… pep wants one/two touches and move it. Grealish wants to slow the game down then burst with his power. He isn’t suited against teams who just low block for 90 minutes, which is the majority of the teams City play.

He’ll have his uses in Europe where some teams will have a go

Yeah Bellingham has to be in there. He was only 17 just turning 18 at the Euros last year so it was understandable that he didn’t see much game in midfield but he’s matured enough in the meantime to suggest he should start. They have a great squad but were awful in the Nations League back in June. I reckon Senegal could be a real banana skin for them in the round of 16 and I’d actually go as far as to say I think Senegal will beat them.

I think England will do badly. Lot of their squad out of form. Lack of creativity also.

Southgate is too negative. They have terrific players in the final third but they’re very beige.

Kane is a huge problem for England too. He thinks he is Roy of the Rovers, picking up the ball off the back 4.

Conte has him fucked back up to number 9 and told to stay there, for the most part

2 Likes

Gordon is a good shout. Will he make the squad? Doubt it.

nah, he is in a position where he has established players. Foden, Grealish, Smith-Rowe all ahead of him

I’m not so sure on that. Rashford was dropped and sancho too.

Southgate would be better off with Saka and Gordon who’ll do what their told where as the likes of sancho and grealish will just tell him to fuck off.

Gordon is the very definition of a Southgate player.

he is still very raw… he throws away possession very handy at times, Southgate wants lads to keep the ball

He’ll pick the most conservative team he can possibly pick… All the established, experienced fellas.

Rice and Philips is so conservative. Surely could drop 1.

especially when he plays 3 centre backs as well.

Ah Rice and Phillips are grand if he switched to a back four.

Grand article by Rod Liddle in the times today. Coam, but he nailed it.

Who wrote it…I’ll tell you who wrote it…

5 Likes