ENGLAND Supporters Thread

Youd only pick ten player’s? Interesting tactic.

2 Likes

He had to leave Maguire out so I’d go with that.

2 Likes

I forgot mount

1 Like

They dont have a great squad tho. For the EPL its a good squad but it’s always the same aul hype- international football is a different animal and English players still dont have the technical ability to control games.

Rice and Bellingham are grand technical players. Even Phillips. Then the attacking players are fine.

Problem is he picks 5 defenders and can’t overload midfield. Almost all the top teams get 3 in the middle and he can’t, so they don’t get the ball on the turn, its all sodeways passes and back.

Southgate is very conservative. He won’t stray too far from where they were.

He is probably right too, the flavour of the month stuff always killed England.

They should be there abouts for winning it, don’t think there is any really great team at the moment, they were very nearly the best team in Europe and it’s that or Brazil and Argentina really. So you could say they are top 4 minimum

Why is everyone thinking Brazil will be decent? They’ve a very mediocre side

Really hard to see it Imo.

I would agree in general and would expect a European winner but to be fair to Brazil, they topped their qualifying group, they have two great keepers. Upfront they have Jesus, Neymar, Vinicus, Raphina, Martinelli. Midfield they have Casemiro, Fabinho, Guimares and then at the back they have Silva, Marquinhos, Magalhes, Rodrygo, Miltao

Not a bad panel, plus Coutinho, Fred, Paqueta and a few more

1 Like

Belgium will win it…

:smiley:

Are Belgium still the 'Number One Ranked side in the world"? :grinning:

I’m getting behind Mexico

2 i think. They’re up there anyway

7 Likes

We can win this World Cup. Football might just be coming home.

Thank god. Dan has a very poor track record of judgement calls of late lads, so him thinking England might do all right is probably a good thing.

Mexico will look really good in the group and then lose in the Round of 16 as always

2 Likes

They have the technical ability alright, just not the intelligence. Like their rubby counterparts, they are thicker than average.

No team with mageeyore will win a world cup.

Football came home a few weeks ago but a chauvinist dinosaur like @ChairmanDan wouldn’t acknowledge that