ENGLAND Supporters Thread

That would be an ecumenical matter

I even missed one against abbey rovers in a 1a cup semi final down there. The shame will never leave me

They have the death penalty for journalists who ask actual questions.

2 Likes

Why wasn’t Mpabbe playing tonight?

1 Like

They didn’t need him

2 Likes

The 1966 World Cup was an asterisk World Cup with the African teams not competing I see.

We sorted out Mozambique’s Eusebio in the 1966 semi final.

Ramsey had that tenacious little terrier Nobby Stiles on him in a man-marking role iirc. Stiles just stuck to him and gave him a few dunts and snapped at his heels type of role. Unedifying but got the job done.

1 Like

@ChairmanDan’s spirits will be lifted by Preston North End’s thumping 4-1 win in the big Lancashire derby at Ewood Park. First time Preston have scored four goals at Blackburn since 1959.

Ched Evans displayed his trademark aggressive penetration with two goals.

5 Likes

4 Likes

1 Like

I hadn’t heard. That’s really lifted my spirits.

Tremendous scenes in the bar supporting the boys in blue. Kane missing the penalty got a massive cheer.

Allez le bleu

It appears the British press aren’t going to savage Southgate or any of the players.

His subs were truly woeful but it probably wasn’t as big a disaster as the euros final v Italy.

1 Like

Becuase Kane is white

1 Like

Unlike the last 2 exits I think England actually left it all out there last night and that will be reason they are not savaged by the press. Against Croatia four years ago they were awful and deserved to lose. Against Italy they also froze and got what they deserved

1 Like

Rashford should never play for England again.

Kane took the death penalty last night.

1 Like

Why?

He couldn’t execute it properly.

1 Like