ENGLAND Supporters Thread

Tom being edgy here. I presume the insinuation is that because he is black

He blew that free at the end and knocked them out of the WC.

Snigger

The French when they had any mind to score did. Even when England got equaliser Giroud had missed a sitter soon after. They had more gears but a couple of brainfarts threw them into reverse a couple of times when there was really no danger. I cant remember a decent chance for England of note bar half chances if you could call them that for Kane and Bellingham from outside the box.

England had some great chances, Maguire hit the post with a header, Kane was one on one with Lloris from 8 yards or so, and there was more

Drink it in

1 Like

They still need somebody to dictate a game with Bellingham and rice. Henderson is useless.

Kane is now in that rooney phase of dropping deep and spraying balls but it doesn’t really work.

The rest were potshots from outside the box really. They were the only two clearcut chances England had

Maguire’s was wide. The keeper had it well covered. One shot from distance outside of Kane’s one v one. If you look at the Saka peno again it’s him that makes contact with the french player and he effectively won the peno by simulation.

I’m pretty sure it hit the post and would have beaten Lloris if it was a few inches the other side

…or if the goals were a bit wider, alas that’s just not how it works

Post or wide? I can’t find it on YouTube,

I know it ended up being wide but did it hit the post first

Grazed the post to be fair. All the one now anyway.

So it was off target. Carry on.

You’re not following the thread obviously :man_shrugging:

The kane chance he had a reasonable effort. Tight angle and not much time. Maguire missing the target was poor.
England looked a better side but France had more apex predators. There was a decent enough article in the times this morning, I’ll copy now.

I thought most of the English played well, bar pigford and Maguire.

You said post or wide? I didn’t realise the poat was a target…maybe maguire hit it in purpose so?