ENGLAND Supporters Thread

Corners, frees, shots… Whatevs. Southgate needed to do something. Saka going off ended the game.

he missed one against Kosovo while Hendo was on

1 Like

And Hendo learned from it. Great leadership.

2 Likes

Disappointing that he didnt delegate when the legs ran out on him before the end.

I believed he tried to get word on but the 4th official wouldn’t let him outside the area…

footix cunt. Melwood is no more, its Kirkby now.

Fail to prepare…

Yes. The team did and now they’re out. They’ll need more onfield leadership at the next Euros.

They’ll need the onfield leaders to remain on the field.

Management will need to improve on this going forward.

Its pretty remarkable how Morocco in this tournament alone have managed to amass a series of results against likes of Portugal, Spain, Belgium…that have been superior than the cumulative total of results that England have put together at world cups since 1966.

2 Likes

There was a lot less pressure on Lineker’s second penalty against Cameroon. The game was at 2-2, it was the first period of extra time and Cameroon were tiring.

Still, it’s a bizarre take to think anybody except Kane should have taken it. Nobody seems to have given an alternative name to take it.

His first one was for 2-2 same pressure as Kane

Only four of linekers england goals came from penalties. 3 of those against cameroon.

In contrast Harry Kane has scored 17 and Wayne Rooney 7

17 penalties… fucking hell

Slightly different dynamic though because Lineker hadn’t taken a penalty up to that. The goalkeeper doesn’t know where he will put it. Extra pressure was on Kane because it was the second one he had to equalise. Shooting against his club team mate loaded an extra layer onto it too.

Lineker’s second penalty definitely wasn’t as pressurised as Kane’s second.

What was the other one against Cameroon?

A friendly after the world cup in 91 in a bitter cold wembley

2 Likes

Gary Lineker took one of the worst Panenka penalties ever taken. The pressure got to him.

The cup final for barca?

Could you imagine the uproar if the England captain walked away from taking that penalty the other night.

Who were the options? Rice has taken a few for West Ham, Sterling and Mount only just on?

Other than that Foden or Bellingham.

I would not be hanging my hat on any of those putting it away.

1 Like