ENGLAND Supporters Thread

Maddison and Grealish are nothing players.

I don’t know. He left the Villa boat and they sailed on without him.

International football is the thing he’s most suited to I think. But that boat seems to have sailed too.

He would have been perfect for a newly promoted Leeds United who he would have led to 8th place in the Premier League.

Bellingham looks absolutely knackered as well. Your man Diego Torres ripped him a part during the week.

Foden / Kane / saka with Mainoo, rice and Bellingham will surely be the front six.

Rashford, Sancho, Sterling, Henderson, Maguire, Grealish, Maddison is some list to leave home. My understanding is that Maguire could’ve got right but not quick enough for Southgate.

Sancho is a rotten egg

England teams need a Terry Butcher type figure and a Gazza type figure.

They were Big Harry and Grealo.

Mainoo could have a Rooney Euro 2004/Owen France '98 type impact but he’ll inevitably break his metatarsal in the Round of 16 game.

1 Like

Southgate himself said Grealish reported for training a day early. Grealish is not the fuckwit he likes to image himself as being. Not taking Grealish would be mental.
Not starting Foden would be insane.

1 Like

My very well be.

7Hag just didn’t have the man-management skills. He lit it up in Champions League

His exploits at Dortmund would indicate otherwise. He has been treated with tender loving care there and feels part of a loving family. Some players need that.

He’ll not get that anywhere in England, so he’s destined to be a footballing drifter, the footballing equivalent of a British band who are only popular in America and ignored at home, like Bush.

2 Likes

Rice is best pals with Maddison and Grealish I just read there in the Guardian. Maguire is obviously very well got with the lads as well. I’d say Southgate will be slaughtered if they don’t win but I see them as bound to go far so he will keep the gig. Gordon is a fine player, but Rashford and Grealish are another level on again to me. That will be thrown at him. Cole Palmer probably just has Maddison’s number. I’d have brought Maguire over Dunk.

He’s been awful for Dortmund

He’s been shite

I was listening to Grealish on talksport after they won the league & he was chatting like a dead cert to be going.

He was taking the piss out of players in the Man City dressing room with Stones ‘you’ll be going home early’ telling Haaland ‘enjoy the summer off’

It’s ironic now :grimacing:

I always thought if he got himself really fit, he could do a lot of what Bernardo Silva does. He isn’t really a touchline, slaughter your man type winger, but he is a brilliant footballer. Eze would be the closest in style in the England squad. Mad United are in for Eze, when they have that style already in Sancho.

England are certainly less BOX OFFICE without Sir Marcus, Officer Class Harry and Grealo.

The tournament will be lesser without them.

1 Like

Gordon is a bad egg. Palmer is probably a bad egg. Dunk could prove to be the Terry Butcher figure perhaps, a bulldog hewn of pure English oak. Even if he doesn’t play.

Terry Butcher’s most memorable moment in the 1990 World Cup was when he was not playing, against Cameroon. He urged on the players that were playing to advance, in Churchillian style. That’s what it’s all about.

1 Like

He’ll be the new Zaha.

1 Like

Ah I doubt it, the interviews with him lately he seems very focused on football & getting the best out of himself. He seems alright. The way he left Everton will always change opinion, i get it.

1 Like

There is no way Palmer and Gordon could go into a nightclub and operate at the level of a Jack Grealish or Marcus Rashford. This is probably the final nail for that industry. The lads need to get over to Marbella and get right on it.