ESPN's 30 for 30 and Other Sports Documentaries

Haven’t seen any in a few years,
Has Once were Brothers ever been topped?

Multiple times …

Great one on here about Buster Douglas and Tyson.

1 Like

What station?

Great show, buster boxed very well.

Stations :smiley:

1 Like

Production looks good but narration on trailer contains a couple too many exaggerated statements for my liking.
Are Leeds one of the most supported clubs in world football? Wouldn’t have thought they are in top twenty.
Similarly wouldn’t have thought their champions league exploits at turn of century were hugely significant.

Isn’t that Russel crowe

Similar to Sunderland in profile and local importance. Most major clubs that are now effectively corporations wouldn’t be letting a Netflix or Amazon prime type producer behind their scenes.

:popcorn:

42 to 1 on BT now… Great show… Tyson was an absolute beast at 18.

1 Like

For anyone off and wanting something to watch, there was 2 very good documentaries done on Adam Goodes a couple of years back. Not plentiful online so found a source for them and downloaded them. Link to dropbox folder here, should be able to watch them both.

For anyone who doesnt know of it, Adam Goodes is an indigenous Australian Rules player. In 2013 he was called an ape by a 13 year old Collingwood supporter and it all snowballed from there, ultimately ending with Goodes finishing out his career by being loudly booed in every game he played and not taking his place on the retired players presentation on Grand Final day for fear of being booed at that too. Some really eye opening stuff on the culture of Aborigines in Australia, how they are treated and how wider society treats them.

They are both very good in their own way, the Final Quarter is more of an educational thing about the whole situation with lots of clips from the times and a summary of how things went down, where the Australian Dream has more interviews with Goodes and others giving their thoughts on everything from the football, booing, racism and culture.

5 Likes

Was only showing the final quarter there when I clicked in. - Or do I have to sign in to see the other one?

check it there again, should be uploaded

BT seem to be getting through all the 30 for 30s again, not sure does it justify continuing the subscription though

Yeah, there now.

1 Like

Have the newer ones been uploaded to YouTube or where can you watch them?

Is there any site doing the rounds that has all this unlocked?

cc @Copper_pipe

I watched the one on doc gooden and darryl strawberry last night. Very good i thought a great insight into the hell of addiction under the cover of a baseball story

On what platform did you watch them?