Essay writing competition thread

Tim, with all due respect, you’re dealing with someone that clearly hasn’t a fucking clue what they are talking about when it comes to data.

3 Likes

With all due respect, ie. none, you’re a servile moron who hasn’t a clue about anything except posting up videos of crap songs by tuneless heavy metal bands on a thread nobody looks at.

Your point was this, it’s “hypocritical” that “many” Trump supporters are pro Israel when they are antisemites.

Where you got the fact that they are pro Israel is from hard data, as that is reflected in polls around Republicans (and Trump carried most normal GOP voters) and their attitudes to Israel.

You got your antisemitism from a couple of acts of graffiti and a some tweets. You have failed to demonstrate any hypocrisy.

It reflects your poor style of debating. You look for data to suit your positions but will always default to looking to vilify people eventually as your understanding of issues is basic.

3 Likes

I’ve witnessed enough of your misuse of statistics to know you haven’t a fucking clue about data, Nurse Ratched.

2 Likes

I would estimate you are about two posts away from being labeled a racist, anti-Semitic Pedophile.

There’s plenty blame to go around here. Certain news organizations were 100% supportive of HRC and 100% convinced she was going to win. It’s not the job of the press to decide who the electorate should vote for and they rightly got their asses handed to them. They are absolutely raging that Trump won and have spent all their energy reporting on Russian interference in the election, based almost entirely on anonymous sources within the government.

Trump was elected to govern and implement the policies he ran on. If elements in the press continue to report imaginary news to try and stay relevant ( a battle they have already lost), the Trump administration should just ignore them. They are under no obligation to give a platform to any particular media outlet, their obligation is to communicate to the American public on their policies.

It has gone nuclear though so will be interesting to see how it develops. In my opinion the administration should just ignore the media that is openly hostile towards them and continue to speak directly to the public. The press will continue to print whatever they want, so as long as there is no censureship toward them, rational people see the outrage for what it is, whinging from an MSM that has lost its relevance (due to its own biased repeating). If they want to regain relevance, get back to reporting rather than telling the public how to think and what to think.

Where did I say that the graffiti isn’t anti semitic? I never denied there was antisemites who supported Trump, just as there are some on the other side as well. Nothing suggests this is anything other than a minor viewpoint, however.

I pointed out to you that everything you have pointed to as “evidence” of wider opinions of Jews within Trump voters is of a minority of his voters, unless you have some data to corroborate that the “many” Trump voters who are pro Israel are antisemites.

This is classic Sidney;

“Here is some data that supports my political worldview, so I’ll use it”

Sidney then claims that the Trump voters who support Israel are antisemites and this is hypocritical. Asked to provide data to support this, he provides some minor examples and some tweets. Eventually, when he knows his goose is cooked, this comes out;

It’s actually hilarious that you lack self awareness to this degree.

Trump’s campaign utilised anti-semitic rhetoric while simultaneously being pro-Israel.

Therefore it’s an absolutely logical follow on that many of supporters, ie millions, supported and continue to support the same position.

That anti-semitic rhetoric from both Trump and Trump supporters has been ramped up since the election, and Jewish community leaders agree with me on this.

Now I know you find it hard to get your head around that, but then a lot of things go over your head.

Now, can you name me another US political candidate whose candidacy has whipped up anything remotely like the same levels of anti-semitism as Trump’s candidacy did?

The answer is, you can’t. And you know that full well. And that’s why I bet you won’t answer this question.

No Republican, no Democrat in living memory and well, well beyond that has done so.

I’m sure there’s always been racist graffiti in America. Have you data to show it’s increased since trump came into power. A metre squared comparison would be helpful for the lads who are bored to tears with your drivel.

2 Likes

@anon7035031 comes out in favour of Trump’s war on the media.

Quelle surprise.

Lord Haw Haw’s mask slips ever further down and exposes his fascist face even further.

Where, show this please?

You will point to Breitbart and their support of him. The Breitbart stuff is basically a war between liberal and conservative Jews and they will label anything and anyone on attitudes to Israel as an anti semite. Conservatives are as guilty of this anyone.

Some trolls online and a frog is not a demonstration of anti Semitism from Trump.

You buy into the antisemitism stuff whipped up by your chosen media sources but just ignore his own families Jewish ties. It’s amazing.

You have still to demonstrate anything which shows antisemitism from “many” of Trump’s 63m voters.

Anti-semitic hate crimes have more than double in New York compared to the same point last year.

Anti-semitic hate crimes are up 42% since November 8th compared to the same point last year.

Join the dots, dimwits.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-02-24/nypd-links-hate-crimes-increase-to-2016-presidential-campaign

More tragic results of the hate speech practised by Trump and the likes of @anon7035031.

You won’t find Trump tweeting about this.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/02/24/get-out-of-my-country-kansan-reportedly-yelled-before-shooting-2-men-from-india-killing-one/?tid=pm_national_pop&utm_term=.fc342997c24e

And you just keep downplaying it.

Dig up, stupid.

:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: you boring bastard.

1 Like

The point is, which you were too dim or entreched to see, is your hypocrisy in calling two similar incidents completely different things. One was the Obama admin denying Fox access and labelled as ‘just fucking around’ a media org he doesn’t like. When Trump admin engages in a similar type incident, its a ‘WAR’ on the free press. Trump has received the most negative press, consisting of attacks on his physical appearance, speech and policies, of any potus in memory. How is that consistent with a supressed press/media? The US has the most open press on the planet.Their democratically elected leader is ridiculed on a daily basis and I or any reasonable person has no issue with this. You clearly have no idea what a war on the free press looks like (see China/ NK/ Iran). I am calling out and highligting your hypocrisy, duplicity and hyperbole. War on the press in the US is not different administrations playing games with media outlets they are odds with. It is you brushing it off when one admin you like does it and then shrieking, crying when another admin, whom you dislike, does it. In short, you’re a simpleton.

For the record, I don’t see either incident as that big a deal. Certainly not an attack on the free press whatever way you slice it. Just a simple example of your daily hypocrisy.You’ve been kicked up and down the forum recently in such an alarming manner that perhaps its best just to let you get back on to the google machine in your basement. Seething outrage awaits :grin:

3 Likes

Which thread is this now, the new one that was going to be for intelligent discourse? :joy:

@Sidney where the fuck do you get the time and why did you do this to yourself? You must be fucking rage filled 24/7.

1 Like

There is a very big difference between:
i) threatening to not give one TV interview to one network (and relenting)
and
ii) Blatantly and consistently lying about easily disprovable things, shouting down the correspondent from CNN at a press conference and refusing to take a question and calling them “fake news”, banning numerous media organisations from a private White House Press briefing (this is unprecendented), and consistently referring to media organisations as “fake news” via speech and via Twitter, and now as “the enemies of the people” (this last phrase carries strong Nazi overtones). That is indeed a “war on the media”.

i) is acting the dick and was rightly called out by other networks, which is why the interview ended up being granted, and why such acting the dick didn’t happen again.
ii) is an accumulation of things that are far more serious and go right to the heart of what democracy is - accountability. It’s an attempt to create an alternate reality based on false information, modelled on what happens in Putin’s Russia.

There is no accountability under Trump because he will only tolerate soft soaping, only listens to what he wants to hear, and not tolerate any sort of objective criticism of him from anybody.

Now if you can’t see the difference, I can’t help you, because you’re clearly wilfully deluding yourself into ascribing false equivalence. And no amount of argument can persuade somebody who has that sort of mindset to change it.

Mr. Trump is ridiculed on a daily basis because he entirely deserves to be. He is plainly not fit to serve in his job.

No rational reading of the events of the last five weeks can lead to any other conclusion.

One good thing about it, is that a person’s opinion of Trump serves as a sort of basic test of sanity. You’ve just failed it.

Gas fuckers…

That anyone allows his brain to go to these lengths is astounding.

2 Likes

Celebrity death match with Nembo awaits, it’s the battle that the whole forum wants to see (or not)

1 Like

Its fucking insanity