Euro 2008 Players to watch

A separate thread to identify the players who are making an impression at the tournament.

First game and I think Barnetta is looking decent for the Swiss. Like him though from his Leverkusen performances so he’s not new to me.

Been very impressed with Gkhan İnler too. Wikipedia tells me he only joined Udinese last summer though so he’s not likely to be going anywhere.

[quote=“therock67”]A separate thread to identify the players who are making an impression at the tournament.

First game and I think Barnetta is looking decent for the Swiss. Like him though from his Leverkusen performances so he’s not new to me.

Been very impressed with Gkhan İnler too. Wikipedia tells me he only joined Udinese last summer though so he’s not likely to be going anywhere.[/quote]

Really? cesc4 and I were watching the game yesterday and both agreed that Barnetta was a terrible disappointment. Shocking crosses, over-running the ball when dribbling and just generally falling over all the time.

I thought Pepe was excellent last night - really positive and drove forward from the back as emphasised by his goal. Chelsea’s new signing Boswinga was shockingly bad at right back.

I’m looking forward to watching Modric later on today

Posted that on about the hour mark and he went to shit after that. Thought he had played well until then but once they went a goal down he lost the run of himself completely and gave it away every time.

Interestingly they asked Strachan afterwards what players impressed him and who he’d want at Celtic. He said Ujfalusi was the best player on the day and he said Barnetta is a smashing player who is much better than he showed on the day and he’ll become a great player but he should be played central.

Agreed on Pepe.

I thought the Croats were sluggish all over the park today and were a major disappointment. The Austrians had no good players!

Good game this evening - Germany play some excellent pass and move football and I thought Frings and Ballack were superb in the centre of the park.

Malun Garunga is a good player

Germany’s football was excellent alright. Thought Lewandowski had a good game for the Poles but other than that the Germans dominated.