Euro 2008 Qualifiers Permutations

Full tables here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2008_qualifying

Not many interesting groups left at all. Group A could have a cracking last day but is likely to be decided before then. Group B (Scotland/Italy/France) and Group E (Croatia/England/Russia) are semi-interesting but might also be decided on Saturday.

I expect all the big names who need wins on Saturday to get them and my betting accumulator will be constructed accordingly.

GROUP A
2 from Poland, Portugal, Serbia and Finland:

Looks like Poland and Portugal will secure their places on Saturday without waiting for the big 2 games at the end which is a pity.

Finland v Azerbaijan
Poland v Belgium
Serbia v Kazakhstan
Portugal v Armenia

Portugal v Finland
Serbia v Poland

GROUP B
France, Scotland or Italy to qualify:

Scotland must really beat Italy or hope France lose in Ukraine if Scotland get a point against Italy.

Scotland v Italy

Italy v Faroe Islands
Ukraine v France

GROUP C
Greece qualified;
Norway and Turkey battling for second place:

A draw for Norway at home to Turkey should be enough.

Norway v Turkey

Malta v Norway
Turkey v Bosnia and Herzegovina

GROUP D
Dead in the water.

GROUP E
Croatia, England or Russia:

A point for Croatia on Saturday sees them home. Russia need to win in Israel and then go to Andorra and match England’s result against Croatia.

Macedonia v Croatia
Israel v Russia

Andorra v Russia
England v Croatia

GROUP F

Sweden, Spain or Denmark to qualify:

No contest. Sweden and Spain are home and dry.

Northern Ireland v Denmark
Spain v Sweden

Spain v Northern Ireland
Denmark v Iceland
Sweden v Latvia

GROUP G

Romania qualified;
Second place between the Dutch and Bulgaria:

A win for the Dutch at home to Luxembourg and they’re through.

Bulgaria v Romania
Netherlands v Luxembourg

Slovenia v Bulgaria
Belarus v Netherlands

therock67 wrote:

Scotland must really beat Italy or hope France lose in Ukraine if Scotland get a point against Italy.

I havent seen the table Rock but do Scotland not have to beat Italy regardless of what happens in France - Ukraine match

Table at the moment is:

France 25 points (Played 11)
Scotland 24 points (Played 11)
Italy 23 points (Played 10)

If Scotland draw wth Italy they move onto the same points as France on 25. On head to head Scotland have beaten them twice so would go through if France don’t get anything in Ukraine. That’s my reading of it but I may have missed something somewhere.

It’s goal difference as opposed to head to head results Rock…i take it France have a far superior goal difference to Scotland

Since when has it been goal difference? 99% sure everything UEFA do has been head to head for ages now. They got rid of goal difference when there were too many minnows entering the qualifiers which meant scorelines against San Marino/Andorra etc became too important.

Uefa website says goal difference is the first criteria used when teams finish level on points

Link?

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/euro/format/newsid=324619.html

I take it this is a wraven style attempt at “humour” baby. Head to head it is.

yep thats what i said - head to head.

lay off raven by the way

Thanks Dob - i assume you will be cheering against the scotch ?

wrock or any member of the champions league csc- any update on an assist by mcgeady

I certainly will FR…I want a good summers rest for the Celtic lads.

I certainly will FR…I want a good summers rest for the Celtic lads.