Euro 2012 Build Up Thread

Let it not be said that we’re a nation of begrudgers who refuse to move on. From UEFA.com:

UEFA has published the final national team coefficient ranking following the end of the FIFA World Cup qualifying group stage and completion of the play-offs which have decided the remaining European teams to take part in next summer’s final round. The coefficients are relevant for the pot allocation to be used during the UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying draw that will take place in Warsaw on 7 February 2010.

New system
The UEFA Executive Committee approved a new system for calculating the UEFA national team coefficients in May 2008. The new system reflects better the real strength of each national team, as it now also takes into account matches played in UEFA EURO and World Cup final tournaments, and not only games in the qualifying competitions.

Balance and fairness
The improved system is an important tool for ensuring sporting balance and fairness in both the qualifying phase and the final round of the UEFA European Championship. In addition, the calculation method is transparent and relatively simple. For the purposes of the UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying draw in February, European champions Spain top the ranking and will be one of nine first seeds in Pot 1. With Poland and Ukraine qualifying automatically for the finals as co-hosts, the other 51 of UEFA’s 53 member national associations will be allocated to six pots in accordance with their rankings. The qualifying draw will determine the make-up of six groups of six teams and three groups of five.

Click [B][U]here [/U][/B]for the national team coefficient ranking.

Click [B][U]here [/U][/B]for a technical explanation of the national team coefficient ranking.

uefa.com 1998-2009. All rights reserved.

Anyone care to tell me how we’ll be seeded based off this?

[quote=“Mac”]Let it not be said that we’re a nation of begrudgers who refuse to move on. From UEFA.com:

Anyone care to tell me how we’ll be seeded based off this?[/quote]

Still 3rd seeds - a legacy of previous managers.

How many groups do they usually have? Is it 10? Based off those rankings getting someone like Croatia and Romania as seeds 1 and 2 would be great for us.

Platini’s gonna take care of us in this draw, I can feel it in my bones.

why after giving a group with italy and playoff against france how cud he make it any worse anyway

Get some sleep you.

The Dunph has her worn out

You know, the odd full stop, comma, or line break is often useful.

The Panda eats shoots and leaves

:clap: Attaboy The Dunph!

Or The Dunph.
:popcorn:, :guns:, :thumbsup:.

Here’s a few I’m not using at the moment:

‘’’’’’’’’

;;;;:::::
!!!

:smiley:

Thanks to that post I now know what an amphibology is.

For bonus points can you tell me why a Limerick man like yourself should not be referring to that book?

[quote=“Watch The Break”]Thanks to that post I now know what an amphibology is.

For bonus points can you tell me why a Limerick man like yourself should not be referring to that book?[/quote]

Whats an amphibology WTB.

No bonus points for me either. Enlighten me

[quote=“Julio Geordio”]Whats an amphibology WTB.

No bonus points for me either. Enlighten me[/quote]

Pukepedia - truly you are the king of kings

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eats,Shoots&_Leaves

[quote=“Watch The Break”]Pukepedia - truly you are the king of kings

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eats,Shoots&_Leaves[/quote]

McCourt you cunt