Euro 2012 - Match discussion thread

Fairytale stuff from shevchenko.Had a similar career tragectory to Torres.Both have/had stints at chelsea and looked pale shadows of the players they were before they joined.But he has added another chapter tonight.Hopefully he will get a hattrick and the match ball in front of his home fans.

I live on the continent you fool. :lol:

Thatā€™s right I forgot, where they bake smoked salmon in tin foil.

That Rasmus Elm lad is rubbish.

Was just gonna post the same. He seems to think he is someone aswell.

It was only paper talk, but he was heavily linked with Liverpool before Kenny went. Didnā€™t look up to much tonight.

Imagine if Shevchenko was Swedish. What a partnership himself and Ibrahimovic would form.

What a shot from Ibrahimovic, donā€™t think the keeper knew much about it. He just put his hands out hoping to save it and the eyes were looking in a different direction.

Im pretty sure Shev would refuse to play with a ladyboy like Ibrahimovic.

Voronin looks like a Bond baddie.

Hopefully they hold on here. I can see them beating England.

Zlatan fluffs his lines

I much prefer his hair in that style. Makes him look much younger

An absolute pleasure to watch Zlatan and Shevchenko tonight.

Wonderful scenes!

Two great performances from two great strikers there.

+1. Zlatanā€™s play for the chance Elmander fluffed at the end was worth the trip to the Euros alone.

It was like the aftermath of a battlefield every time Zlatan got the ball, bodies strewn everywhere, to combine absolute brute strength with flawless technique and intelligence - wow, just wow.

Marvellous entertainment in that game. Great performance from Zlatan but the night belongs to Shevchenko. Magnificent :clap:

Michael Ballack provided a damning verdict on Englandā€™s performance during their 1-1 draw with Euro 2012 Group D rivals France on Monday.

England mustered a resilient performance, containing their rivals and limiting them to just a handful of opportunities. Joleon Lescott headed the Three Lions into the lead, but his Manchester City team-mate Samir Nasri drew the French level with a well-placed shot past Joe Hart.

However, for large parts of the game Laurent Blancā€™s were camped in the England half but struggled to create any clear cut opportunities.

The 35-year-old Ballack was critical of the defensive manner in which Roy Hodgson set up his side, despite acknowledging that England achieved their goal of avoiding defeat in their Euro 2012 opener.

ā€œIā€™m really disappointed with the game. England wanted the point and they got one, but is this the way to play football in the future? Iā€™m not sure,ā€ the Bayer Leverkusen midfielder said on ESPN.

ā€œIf youā€™re parking three buses in front of the goal, thatā€™s not football.

ā€œTheyā€™re sitting back most of the time with 10 players, itā€™s difficult for every team to create chances ā€¦ Iā€™m not impressed.ā€

Englandā€™s second group game will be on Friday against Sweden, who lost 2-1 to co-hosts Ukraine on Monday.

:clap: