Euro 2012 - Match discussion thread

Not watching the German game but I notice they seem to be playing Bender at full back, have they a shortage of defenders in their squad or something?

Postiga is a fucking jackass.

Veloso hasnā€™t been very prominent, Totti. I was surprised at how direct Portugal have been in their games - Veloso sits in front of the back four but the defenders look to hit long diagonals to Ronaldo or balls straight up to Postiga a lot and heā€™s only really been involved backing up the play when a direct ball forward is cleared. Heā€™s not dictating a passing game or anything. Strange game tonight with Van der Vaart and De Jong offering fuck all protection to their dodgy defence so the Portuguese are getting a fair bit of joy when they hit Ronaldo early.

Very well.

Fucking hell Nani.

Stekelenburg. :clap:

CR7. :clap:

Top class. They are serious players in this tournament, a lovely team. :clap:

Bet365 in their HT ad were offering Ronaldo at 8/1 for next goalscorer. :o

Ronaldo has been sensational tonight.

If Denmark score are Ze Germans out?

The Dutch have basically abandoned defence since the switch

Correct, Germany would then be out on goals scored.

Germany have scored through Bender.

They havenā€™t a had a defence all tournament.

Werenā€™t you slating him a while ago. :lol:

Bender on target for Germany.

Terrific effort from Van Der Vaart, the boy can shoot.

I wouldnā€™t do such a thing The Dunph. I was just confused as to why Germany were playing a midfielder at full back.

Canā€™t believe how badly organised Holland have been all tournament. Their defence is dire and their midfield has offered them zero protection. I guess they had to go 3 at the back at 1-1 as they needed a 2-goal victory but itā€™s given Nani and Ronaldo lots of space down the sides to break into.

Hands up who has been impressed by Portugal???

They are different class.