Euro 2012 - Match discussion thread

Ronaldo has become the 7th player in history to score in 3 different European Championship Finals tournaments.

True but they stopped even pretending

There’s a quiz question name all 7

They should beat the Czechs now and who knows then

The Dutch missed an Edson Braafheid type figure in their defence.

Portugal did well, they look a well balanced side, solid at the back, some guile in midfield and in Nani and Ronaldo they have two attacking threats. I’d be a little worried about the depth in that squad but given the Euros is a short competition in terms of its duration then that shouldn’t be much of a problem.

It’s shaping up for a Germany-Portugal semi-final with Germany v Greece and Czech Republic v Portugal the quarter finals in this side of the draw.

It’ll be interesting to see how the bookies price this up. I can see Portugal tearing them apart. Anything like 4/5 or above would be an excellent price i think, but they’ll surely be around 8/13.

Can they meet again like that in the semis despite meeting in the same group?

I thought they earliest they could meet again would be the final? Can someone please clarify?

You’re right. Apologies for posting incorrect information - I’ll never take anything Didi Hamann says at face value again.

Portugal 5/6 to beat Czech Republic with Paddy Powers and Ladbrokes. Surely worth a bet?

That’s a great price. Russia destroyed the Czechs and Portugal look like they have more goals in them.

One change for England tonight with Rooney in for Carroll, which means Milner retains his place on the right ahead of Walcott. Shevchenko hasn’t been included in the Ukraine starting lineup after his knee problem.

Ben Arfa starts for France.

Chiellini looks like he will miss the remainder of the tournament, a huge loss. :frowning:

England are only slightly better than Ireland at retaining the ball. Very disappointed not to see the star of the tournament thus far, Andy Carroll, start tonight.

An ideal conclusion to events in Group D would be a Ukraine victory and a French draw.

Ukraine playing some decent stuff here. Pity Shev isn’t up front but they’re applying some decent pressure.

Ukraine targeting, and getting some joy, down the English flanks. Parker and Gerrard haven’t had a touch.

Givenesque save from Pyatov there.