Euro 2012 - Match discussion thread

Darjo Srna quote today: “Spain go tik - tak - tik - tak but create nothing.”

:clap:

Have to agree with that. Can’t see them winning the Tournament.

Cesare Prandelli celebrated Italy’s progression to the Euro 2012 quarter-finals in unusual fashion – with a 20km trek to a monastery in the middle of the night!

With the Azzurri players tucked up in bed after their 2-0 victory over the Republic of Ireland in Poznan, Prandelli, his entire coaching staff and FIGC Vice-President Demetrio Albertini set off from Italy’s Wieliczka base at 3am on Tuesday morning. Their destination was the Camaldolese Priory.

The Camaldolese are a 1,000-year-old order of Benedictine monks originally established by an Italian, but located all over the world.

Upon Prandelli’s arrival in Krakow, the Coach had given his word to the monks that he would travel to their monastery by foot if his side made it out of Group C.

After three and a half hours Prandelli’s party arrived and, having been given a warm reception, made the wise decision to return by car – arriving back at the Turowka Hotel at 7.15am.

Prandelli’s Italy will meet England in the quarter-finals next Sunday in Kiev.

Cesare is one of the nice guys in football. :clap:

Didn’t see every game so far in the tournament but what i have seen this is the XI that have impressed me most

Pletikosa>>>>>>>>>>>>

Gebre Selassie >>Hummels>>Pepe>>Lahm

Pirlo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Schweinstiger>>>Modric>>>>>>>>>>>

Ronaldo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Iniesta>>>

Zlatan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Subs: Anderson, Gusev, Agger, Xavi, Jirasec ,Gomez, Cassano

Debuche was very good vs England and Ukraine. Looked less so against Sweden. In saying that both goals against Sweden came from the other side.

FFS Puke. Use Rocko’s soccer formation programme - it’s much neater than that rubbish post.

I won’t quote Puke’s horrible looking post. I would have Jiracek in there though.

I attempted to use the formation code but the goalkeeper wasn’t listed with the other positions so I wasn’t arsed using it

id have samaras in for iniesta and have DDR as a centre half and centre mid

:clap:

Buffon in goals as well.

http://nsa29.casimages.com/img/2012/06/15/120615061053870673.gif

:lol:

Looking forward to seeing Gebre Selassie versus Ronaldo.

I rate Gebreselassie highly. Has the stamina of a 10,000 metre runner.

Nice to see Peter Collins getting his big break here.

Something to note is that yellow cards are only scrubbed after the quarter finals so there’s a good few players on yellows that may miss a semi-final if they receive a second booking of the tournament tonight.

Veloso has had a wonderful start to the game, a lovely player.

Thanks Bandage. That is indeed something to note.

Dire first 15 minutes here.

You’re welcome pal.

Marvellous trickery there :lol:

Big time. A future Czech halle of famer on the evidence of this tournament.