Euro 2012 - Match discussion thread

Another cracking save from Hart from that viciously swerving shot.

Iā€™m watching on a poxy stream on my laptop and called it as over the line before any bleedinā€™ slow motion replay. :rolleyes:

Has Walcott touched the ball yet?

Come on Andrew son!

Carrol has made the difference here since coming on. Thatā€™s another 5 million put back on his valuation. It now stands at 10m

2-0 Sweden

Sweden finish it 2-0

Benzema, Ribery and Nasri all desperately disappointing

England were shocking.

Ukraine and Sweden two pretty limited teams showed us how to play football at major championships tonight.

FFS.

Sweden have Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

:smiley:

[quote=ā€œKIB man, post: 689568ā€]England were shocking.

Ukraine and Sweden two pretty limited teams showed us how to play football at major championships tonight.[/quote]

Were you watching both games at the same time?

Yes Clarkey . 2 TVā€™s next to each other

I see. Was wondering.

:rolleyes: Dunphyesque levels of bluffing

Two interesting quarters in the latter half of the draw. The French have a lot of attacking talent and could be a very dangerous proposition for the Spanish on the break, however if that clown Rami starts in defence for them I see them being caused serious bother from the Spanish and their intricate passing.

England are a side Italy could struggle with, they will pack players behind the ball and play deeply and we donā€™t really have a focal point in attack, Balotelli is liable to do anything and Cassano, Di Natale and Giovinco are all midgets. With their defence playing deep it will also prevent the runs of Marchisio and De Rossi. I think this is a match Prandelli might regret not bringing Pazzini for - a focal point in attack who get across defenders and on the end of crosses. England also have a lot of pace on the break. My worry is we could completely dominate a game and get caught with a sucker punch. I felt we struggled a little defending crosses against Croatia and if Carroll plays against us he could cause us problems. I still expect us to advance however. Chiellini is a massive loss for us.

Awful scenes in Donetsk at full time. A pitch invader carrying a bag of sandwiches and wearing a Louth polo shirt seen jostling the referee and chasing after him.

Iā€™ll predict Germany, Spain, England and Portugal to progress.

I hope Italy have enough for England but itā€™ll be a close game. England, for all their poor use of the ball, have the best goalkeeper and left back in the tournament, a real defensive leader in Terry and Gerrard playing very well. They also have pace on the break and big Andy Carroll so anythingā€™s possible.

Spot on there Bandage. Gerrard unusually playing well in a two man midfield, albeit in a deep lying one. Wazza now also has a game under his belt and big Andy brings the fear factor.

The top three moments of the tournament for me so far:

1. Zlatanā€™s summation of Joe Hart as a cunt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMxOi-xsx4Q

1. Zlatanā€™s performance against Ukraine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgTGWq1Qb60

1. Zlatanā€™s goal against France.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y54xtY2ToP8