Euro 2012 - Match discussion thread

Bruno Alves for Portugal looks like a beast. I would not like to meet him down a dark alley.

Fabio Coentrao is a really top player.

I’ve been fine and impressed by Portugal here. They are a lot better than i imagined they would. Thinking of backing them outright now. They are really well organised and have some players of great quality in their ranks. It is their ability to score goals i’d be most worried about, especially considering the moderate Helder Postiga is starting up front for them.

I’ve been very disappointed with Germany thus far. Wish Portugal would show a bit more belief and take the game to them more. On their rare attacks they look more likely I reckon

Looked to be a lack of team spirit in that Dutch side earlier. Granted they should have won comfortably against a pretty disappointing Danish side. But last 10-15 mins they were very flat. Van Persie was terrible

Mario Gomez gives Germany a 1-0 victory.

Portugal only showed some ambition once they went behind

Richie Sadlier is a horrible cunt

That goes without saying

What did sadlier say?

Great to see Canning in Eastern Europe. And not bollixing up GAA matches.

Nothing out of the ordinary - he’s just a horrible cunt

He has the sneery arrogance of a man who has a sackful of Ballon D’ors at home. I never had much of an opinion of him one way or the other but he came across as a right obnoxious prick.

“Eeeeeeeeeeemmmmmmmm…”

sadlier is an excellent pundit. some of you lads are terrible cunts altogether. one minute whinging about bland jamie redknappery and the next p1ssing and moaning about a man who gives an opinion

saw the last twenty minutes of the dutch game.
when a side is 1 - 0 down in the european championships and the coach has to be jumping up and down trying to get them to work to get the ball back you know they are fcuked. the fact that the same coach took off a player who would do that work and left on his son in law should make the old dutch team meeting interesting today

Who’s his son-in-law?

Never saw sadlier before, thought he was ok.

Mark van Bommel

[font=verdana][size=3]
Spain: Casillas; Arbeloa, Piquè, Sergio Ramos, Jordi Alba; Xavi, Busquets,Xabi Alonso; Silva, Fabregas, Iniesta[/size][/font]
[font=verdana][size=3]
Spain bench: Victor Valdes, Reina, Raul Albiol, Javi Martinez, Juanfran, SantiCazorla, Jesus Navas, Pedro Rodriguez, Torres, Negredo, Juan Mata, Llorente[/size][/font]
[font=verdana][size=3]
Italy: Buffon; Bonucci, De Rossi, Chiellini; Maggio, Thiago Motta, Pirlo,Marchisio, Giaccherini; Cassano, Balotelli[/size][/font]
[font=verdana][size=3]
Italy bench: Sirigu, De Sanctis, Ogbonna, Balzaretti, Abate, Barzagli,Montolivo, Diamanti, Nocerino, Di Natale, Borini, Giovinco[/size][/font]

So Spain are playing 4-6-0?

Cassano and Balotelli :strokechin:

Spain with no recognised striker :strokechin:

Should be interesting :strokechin:

Cutbacks are really getting to ITV and BBC. BBC arent all out there, and ITV are in a cafe.