Euro 2012 - Match discussion thread

in fairness to the BBC they said straight away it was justice in a football sense that Italy went through, and saying in the studio that they were lucky to even get it as far as penalties.

Germans won’t be worried an extra 30 mins in Italian legs aswell

I’m delighted for Cesare Prandelli. A beautiful man, as the Italians would say.

Two teams from Groups B & C now in both semis.

every aspiring footballer should be made to watch Andrea Pirlo. A super player.

can’t remember the last time i saw the keeper actually catch the ball from a penalty in a shootout…

Well Scott Parker watched him for 94 minutes tonight. It’s a start I suppose

Agreed. That was an absolute masterclass.

Wonderful penalty to cap a really influential, inspiring and majestic performance.

+1. What a player

[quote=“Scrunchie, post: 689987”]

Well Scott Parker watched him for 94 minutes tonight. It’s a start I suppose[/quote]

Not sure he got a great view from the distance he watched him from.

Agreed. That was an absolute masterclass.

Wonderful penalty to cap a really influential, inspiring and majestic performance.

England have had no soul in this tournament. Roy’s personality on display throughout.

Klinsman put it down to conditioning. England and Limerick suffer on.

According to the stats we enjoyed more possession against Italy than England did tonight.

That’s put a real dampener on the Jubilee Celebrations.

JT’s heroics were the only thing identifiably English about them. There’s a real cancer running throughout the whole of English society these days. David Cameron’s Big Society is England’s only hope. Let’s hope the Tories rule for a long time to come.

Wouldn’t like it to be lost in all this just how bad Rooney was tonight. Sure Milner and Young and Parker were comically bad but Rooney contributed nothing. Again.

England’s unbeaten run in the European Championship extends all the way back to 13 June 2004 which was also the same day that Kilkenny were last beaten in the Leinster Hurling Championship.

Rooney’s up there with Pele, Rocko.

And look at his record in the Euros.