Euro 2012 - Match discussion thread

Just taken the second set against Laura Robson at Wimbledon.

i see the daily express gave parker an 8 and pirlo a 7 in the players ratings

Why are you reading the Daily Express

the astronomy section is second none

No. That goes down as a “blocked shot” in soccer stats. There is no distinction made between blocked shots on target and blocked shots heading off target.

[quote=“Rocko, post: 690065”]
No. That goes down as a “blocked shot” in soccer stats. There is no distinction made between blocked shots on target and blocked shots heading off target.[/quote]

If a player is on the line and clears the ball does that count as a shot on target?

I could have been clearer in my previous answer Clarkey. Unfortunately I’m nerdish enough that I know the answer to this.

Shots are counted as “on target” if they are heading for the target and stopped by the goalkeeper or a man behind the goalkeeper. If they are stopped by someone other than the last man they are considered “blocked shots.”

You are a wonderful man Rocko.

[quote=“Rocko, post: 690067”]
I could have been clearer in my previous answer Clarkey. Unfortunately I’m nerdish enough that I know the answer to this.

Shots are counted as “on target” if they are heading for the target and stopped by the goalkeeper or a man behind the goalkeeper. If they are stopped by someone other than the last man they are considered “blocked shots.”[/quote]

Ah that’s great. Many thanks.

[quote=“Rocko, post: 690067”]

Shots are counted as “on target” if they are heading for the target and stopped by the goalkeeper or a man behind the goalkeeper. If they are stopped by someone other than the last man they are considered “blocked shots.”[/quote]

That first sentence of the second paragraph should of course read:

“stopped by the goalkeeper or a man behind the goalkeeper as long as there are no further men behind him again.”

Apologies for any inconvenience.

You Contradict yourself there Rocko. When you state it must be the last man. The goalkeeper could stop the shot without being the last man and I presume this would be counted as a shot on ttarget.

Rocko is correct.

Oh right you are referring to the last sentence? That should say last man or goalkeeper yeah.

Yes Clarkey ed Zachary

Clarkey is right. Clarkey is always right.

I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong. ROFL.

How’s the form anyway lar?

I see. Not very clear. I should also have used better punctuation but I was walking down the street while typing that.

I’ll clarify once again:

[font=tahoma][size=3]Shots are counted as “on target” if they are heading for the target and stopped by the goalkeeper, or a man behind the goalkeeper - as long as there are no further men behind him again. If they are stopped by someone other than the last man or the goalkeeper they are considered “blocked shots.”[/size][/font]

Good thanks.Hope form is good with u.Take u long to recover from Poland?

[quote=“larryduff, post: 690078”]
Good thanks.Hope form is good with u.Take u long to recover from Poland?[/quote]

Well I thought I was recovered but a senior figure in work accused me of giving off a “post holiday depression” vibe today. I’m not very good at hiding my feelings and truth be told I’m struggling a bit with the comedown.

[quote=“Rocko, post: 690077”]
I see. Not very clear. I should also have used better punctuation but I was walking down the street while typing that.

I’ll clarify once again:

[font=tahoma][size=3]Shots are counted as “on target” if they are heading for the target and stopped by the goalkeeper, or a man behind the goalkeeper - as long as there are no further men behind him again. If they are stopped by someone other than the last man or the goalkeeper they are considered “blocked shots.”[/size][/font][/quote]

Thanks Rocko , that’s a fine summation .