Euro 2012 - Match discussion thread

Absolute cunts.

Spain just about deserved that over 120 minutes.

How in the fuck does Alves take one ahead of Ronaldo?

Really backfired leaving Ronaldo until the end. Keeper not a million miles away from that last one.

Ah magnificent. A Barca boy through and through puts Catalunya and friends through to the final. What a bottle job by Cristiano Ronaldo, wimping out of taking a penalty.

Stupid that your best penalty taker is last. Start with your best and work your way down. Now he doesn’t even get to take one. Stupid stupid. Ronaldo scores first after Spain miss its a whole different shoot out. Ronaldo probably was thinking of the headlines in winning it. Stupid

Fuck that.

Pepe and Ramos were absolutely colossal tonight.

Agreed with all that except not sure about the last bit. Might not have been his call. Ended up being the wrong one anyway. I always start with the strongest kicker when the situation comes up for TFK AFC and the same should apply at lower levels too.

That’ll be free kick and penalty lessons for Ronaldo from Sergio Ramos when Royal Madrid go back for pre-season training.

Absolutely

I am raging about this. Shambles. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Giles and Dunphy will be claiming they were right all along. Maybe they were too

I think it’s funny that RTÉ are suggesting Ronaldo bottled it. What about Giles refusing to take them because his son was upset? I think Ronaldo should have hit one alright but they’re over personalising it.

Dunphy reading an awful lot into Alves going up at the wrong time. “That was … eh… not right. Not right.”

Looking forward to the lads laying into Ronaldo now.

[quote=“Rocko, post: 690329”]

Agreed with all that except not sure about the last bit. Might not have been his call. Ended up being the wrong one anyway. I always start with the strongest kicker when the situation comes up for TFK AFC and the same should apply at lower levels too.[/quote]

But you took one in our Champions League 1/4 Final and ClarkeyCat didn’t take one at all. I needn’t remind you what happened your penalty too

I believe the third penalty taker is always the most important, Pirlo took our third on Sunday night.

The lads are aghast at the centre backs taking penalties. He’s a blocker. He shouldn’t be taking penalties.

It had all the atmosphere of a league game at the Gaelic Grounds.

Will be interesting to see what Del Bosque will do for the final now. Negrado will surely be dropped while Silva will be very lucky to retain his place.