Euro 2020 thread (Part 1)

That was even cheaper than the penalty Turkey gave away yesterday.

1 Like

Austria should have had one at other end wasn’t even checked

That was a lovely penalty

Well struck.

David Alaba is joining Real Madrid this summer and has clearly decided he needs to play in the style of Sergio Ramos.

Frank de boer silencing his critics.

1 Like

Right now you wouldn’t want to be in the position of having completely ridiculed him pre-tournament.

You wouldn’t want to be that person at all.

The “Failing Upwards” boys looking pretty silly now.

2 Likes

Whatever happens now he’s been a success

Except if they lose this and the next one

I must say the graphics showing the teams and players etc are dire.

I’ve several hundred posts to catch up on, so apologies if this has already been discussed. But what about Stephen Alkin earlier? He picked up where he left off on Sunday night (Jordi Cryuff Arena, Ronald De Boer, Gigi Wijnaldum etc etc). He announced at kick-off that the Danes were out if they lost (they’re not) and it continued from there. Am I missing something or did he completely make up his own way of saying Braithwaite? BRATHWAITE. Maybe he’s right but I’ve never heard it pronounced that way. Ronnie resolutely stuck to Braithwaite for a long time but ultimately gave in and started calling him BRATHWAITE too. As an aside, Ronnie’s in danger of being cancelled for his comments about the 10th minute tribute to Eriksen. All a bit unnecessary. He’s alive, isn’t he? Let’s get on with the football.

2 Likes

User CMunk (male from Denmark) on the below website has helpfully clarified the matter of the pronunciation of Martin Braithwaite. It’s pronounced “Martin Braithwaite”.

1 Like

WEMBLEY TICKETS…
England v Scotland
Fri 18th June 2021
KO 2000hrs

One of my mates has two spare tickets in a corporate box for the England v Scotland game. He paid £300 each, but he didn’t realise when he bought them that it was going to be the same day as his Covid 19 postponed wedding. If you are interested, he is looking for someone to take his place.

It’s at Bolton Registry Office, at 2.30pm. The bride’s name is Moira, she’s 5’4", about 12 stone, quite pretty, has her own income and is a really good cook.

5 Likes

There are certain commentators like Derek Rae that are obsessive about pronouncing names correctly. Being respectful to the player, his family, local dialect, nation etc. Researches it, speaks to locals, determined not to use some simple anglicised version that isn’t true to the origin of the name and so on. Maybe a bit ott and then spends hours getting abused on Twitter for it by Brexiteers. Whereas I just knew Stephen Alkin didn’t fall into this category and must have gone off on some bizarre solo run.

If you can get her down to 8 stone, I might be interested.

George Hamilton will insist on adding a flourish to every foreign name. Never lets an umlaut escape him.

Soren Lerbu the great Danish player of the 80s. The rest of the world and his family called him Soren Lerby

Horrific miss.

I’d have tapped that in.