Euro 2020 thread (Part 1)

Fucking get in Didi. This is what made him successful

Why does Sadlier get these media gigs. The old lads had his number and treated him like the dipshit he is

1 Like

This is extraordinary stuff between Didi and Richie

Sadlier is a fucking hump.

We should put @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy in there

1 Like

Two random observations: That John Carver fella is randomly on the coaching ticket for Scotland despite being a disaster with Newcastle.

Also you’d have expected Norway to qualify for this with players like Haaland and Odegaard.

“Declan McBennett is in my ear telling me this is too interesting, argumentative and watchable”, Jacqui should have said.

1 Like

Scored in a UEFA U18s Third Place Playoff

1 Like

Sadlier gets media gigs because he’s prepared to play the Trumpist. He’s prepared to take an obviously stupid position and completely dig in on it. That’s what made that segment so watchable. If he’d just agreed with Didi nobody would have taken any notice of that segment.

Remember the time it was just Giles, Didi, and Richie in studio, and Giles was making a point and goes, “I was lucky in my career to play in a lot of big games, Didi has played in a lot of big games, Richie not so much”

5 Likes

Pretty cheap shot by Giles given Sadlier had his career ended by injury.

Sadlier reminds me of an Alex Ferguson type, a promising young forward who had his career ended early in unfair circumstances and now bristles with bitterness and a drive to prove himself. Ferguson put that energy into becoming the greatest manager of all time, Sadlier devotes his energy into pissing the country off nothing normal.

Sadlier wasn’t very good and his best hope was being a 3rd rate journeyman in League 2 or sitting on the bench for Celtic. Let’s not rewrite history here. He started media training early after his injury but he’s brutal, offers nothing but a whiny voice

1 Like

Very Eurovision style segment there showcasing Munich as a host city.

I think a draw suits Portugal in this upcoming match, and suits Germany too, if to a lesser extent, and I think that’s how it will end up.

I’d imagine Germany would be reasonably confident in their ability to beat Hungary in Munich, a match Hungary will have to win.

He was the greatest player Ireland never had

Hears Ger Canning.

Finds Remote

ITV…

4 Likes

Sadlier must be one of the few that has had no one on here to defend him. Even paedos have probably been defended on TFK.

Handball & offside, goal disallowed.

That was a great finish.

I think he’s one of the few RTE have now that makes their coverage watchable. I’d take him over Duff any day.

I like Kenny Cunningham as a co-commentator.

1 Like