Euro 2020 thread (Part 1)

Is Ireland the only country not to make it to the Euro finals?

2 Likes

Belgium Portugal is the tie of the next round.

I think Belgium are a better draw for Italy.

Belgium/Portugal/Italy/Spain and France all on one side of the draw now.

Only really Germany and the Dutch on the other.

I fancy the Dutch and much maligned Frank De Bore to make the final.

1 Like

I agree, think they’ll beat England or Germany.

It’s great to see the teams of Putin, Orban and Erdogan all dumped out in the first round.

And Ukraine into the last 16. Always the powerhouse of eastern European football, they carried the useless Russians on their backs for decades.

France Netherlands final will be off the charts

Add Kaczynski to that list

1 Like

Cultural ossification makes plodding, club footed footballers.

Scotland the only Western European side not to advance.

Unlike us!

Where is the Western Europe dividing line? At the most easterly point of Germany?

Are the Czechs and Austrians Western Europe?

We’re on the cusp of a team of powerful pacy second generation immigrants backboning our team. Alan O’Brien used to get on the bench on the basis of being able to run.

Italy, Belgium and the Dutch are the only teams that you could describe as going well so far.

The three from Group F have struggled, Spain have been very pedestrian and England really flat.

The Dutch have a very, very nice draw from here, they’ve a solid defence, plenty of pace, a balanced midfield. They are a serious value bet at 9/1.

By god.

2 Likes

If the Dutch drop that donkey Wieghorst and play Malen up front i think they have a great chance.

Germany will be favourites but England have a decent chance I reckon.

England are heavy favourites with the bookies.

Well that’s just obviously because Dave Asbo is duty bound to throw on a patriotic tenner. In the real world people are expecting Germany to win. Check out the tone of the comments on this:

Not on football ability or tradition, all those English yobs 5 pound bets add up very fast over there.

Tradition is meaningless. That German team is useless. They could barely draw with hungry.

1 Like