Euro 2020 thread (Part 1)

Italy very fortunate to progress there. Historically Austria wouldn’t be a team to attract much support from neutral observers for a few reasons but they won a lot of admirers with their display tonight, and in truth they were the better team and can count themselves extremely unlucky not to have won.

Cracking extra time, thought Belotti was outstanding.

They are.

You have just been exposed as not having a fucking clue about the rules.

Find one for me which was given as a foul

Locatelli will surely start for Italy in the quarter-final over the very overrated Verratti.

1 Like

There is such a thing as a fair charge in soccer, which is defined as shoulder to shoulder. Anyone who’s played soccer knows that shoulder to shoulder is never pulled

1 Like

Wasn’t hard.

Eejit.

Go learn the rules of the game.

A plucky effort from Austria but that’s one half of the Anschluss out of the tournament in the Round of 16.

Don’t forget the Sudenten Germans who will be part of the Czech effort against the Netherlands tomorrow.

1 Like

Lisa Fallon saying Mancini is incredible in cups but he had a very poor record in the Champions League with Inter and Man City. Suppose that was more of an elongated tournament though with two legged ties.

Potential managerial rematch of the 2013 FA Cup final on the cards in the quarter-final.

If it comes to pass I’ll be supporting Roberto Martinez’s boys, as I did then.

1 Like

Fucking hell. Dumphy was right about the rte panels. I only played junior soccer in Limerick but I called this game differently to these bozos at half time. Italy were well off the pace tonight and the quick passing and pressing was nowhere near as expected. Belgium will bate them handy

And why do you think Zlatan is tapping his shoulder after the “foul”? He mustn’t know the rules of the game either

A fairly accurate summation of @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy’s contributions during that match.

Ye were shit mate against Austris. * they’ve some good players

Vichy France, the Ustase and Franco’s Fascists are all still in it too.

Of the teams that left that have a chance of winning it you have the shout for the Belgiens. but I think they will fold

Good for the tournament that italy survived.

Di Lorenzo was the stand out player for me

He must not. You don’t either.

You can’t even show me the rule that allows a barge if it’s shoulder to shoulder.

At least the Marxists of England are still providing resistance.

Smashing tie in store tomorrow night between England’s oldest ally, Portugal, and their original World War war ally, little Catholic Belgium.