Euro 2020 thread (Part 1)

Italy were very poor tonight mate, what happened?. striker is a big problem

I’ve never liked Veratti

My recollection of his career is that he had one stand out performance in a big match, against Chelsea in the Champions League in 2015 - that tie where Zlatan was sent off and David Luiz crashed in a header for PSG, and for the last six years he has been written up on the back of that. Apart from that performance my recollection of him is that he tends to be either injured or doesn’t produce the goods.

1 Like

Law 12 from FIFA

A player can push another player when trying to get the ball by making contact with the opponent without using his arms. Typically, a player will charge his opponent, hitting him shoulder-to-shoulder. Even if a player pushes his opponent over in a fair charge, it is not a penalty. However, if the player charges with excessive force, in the eyes of the referee, it can be considered a foul.

That’s a rebrand

3 Likes

I think you need to rebrand alright. Where’s the rule that says shoulder to shoulder makes a challenge legal?

It’s nowhere there anyway.

You really are a simpleton.

50/50 balls are all frees now apparently.

Can’t really dribble, mediocre passer, mediocre tackler but quite mobile and gets around.

nobody said shoulder to shoulder makes a challenge legal, just that shoulder to shoulder isn’t necessarily a foul, which is what you claimed.

Any contact with an Italian players is a foul according to you.

1 Like

Chiesa runs in a straight line after the ball. Hinterrigger is running in lateral line towards Chiesa. Hinterigger flattens Chiesa. It’s a clear penalty by the rule.

Nowhere does it say it’s not a foul if it’s shoulder to shoulder. Easy spot the lads who never played the game

@the_man_himself did.

Read back and then apologise.

Just because a players falls over it isn’t a foul. That was excellent defending

Because he barges Chiesa off the ball who was going to get on it makes it a penalty. That’s the rule.

he didn’t he said it was shoulder to shoulder - a fair charge, which is in the rules of the game

The only person who got it wrong was you when you said shoulder to shoulder wasn’t in the rules - it is. Law 12. Clearly.

Of course you’re wrong. And of course you’ll draw a line in the sand and defend the wrong position like a fucking lunatic and usually I’d argue with you, but I can’t be fucking arsed tonight pal… go ahead and claim a weird internet victory if you like

1 Like

He has ability but I think PSG was not a good career move for him. He has been a bit unlucky with injury as well to be fair.

1 Like

No such rule that says as long as it’s shoulder to shoulder it’s not a foul. Are you now disagreeing with the rule you put up?

If he argued excessive force he’d have the rule correct and the application wrong. Instead he got both wrong.

He also said he never saw a shoulder to shoulder challenge given as a free in football. It happens routinely.

The two of ye haven’t a clue. Keep on digging though.

no you’re alright. I’ve put up the law there. You keep bitching about injustices there all night and add another chip to that massive pile on your shoulder

I’m proud tonight.

Italy overcame a dirty cheat of a ref. You on the other hand are here defending it and exposing your ignorance on the rules of the game.

3 Likes

Im happy for you mate, game will need to be upped. I’m sure it will Mancini will be going mad after that. not like the last few games where passing was quick If ye can get that quick passing game and pressing back ye can bate the Belgians. I think I will go back shouting for Italy on that side of the group as theyve no chance now. striker is a problem though

That’s it, I dont really respect any player that goes to PSG

2 Likes

That’s absolute rubbish tbh; he’s an excellent tackler and a superb passer of the ball. Not much of a dribbler, but he doesn’t play a role where he needs to be.

His injury record isn’t fantastic & he’s liable to pick up cards but other than that, he’s a top class midfielder.