Euro 2020 thread (Part 1)

I think they beat Spain in 68 quarter finals before being humbled by Yugoslavia in semis

Denmark had never won a knockout game at the Euros before 1992. I don’t think they’d won one since until Saturday.

Anybody who doesn’t consider England a heavyweight at this championship is away with the fairies.

Tomorrow’s game is 50-50 but I’d find it hard to see Denmark or the Czechs beat England at Wembley in a semi-final.

1 Like

In those days the finals was only considered to be the last four. Thee final eight tournament didn’t come in until 1980.

I doubt Denmark were considered a heavyweight in 1992?

They might not have been considered to be one, but they were one, the heaviest.

The Sissoko sub ended up being a right balls up for Deschamps. He didn’t improve them defensively, worsened them going forward and took a dead eye pen taker off the pitch.

2 Likes

I think Germany will cruise home tomorrow. 3-1 my prediction.

Great to see Alisson cheering on his mate the Cube.

2 Likes

A classic meme has been born

Cocaine is a hell of a drug

Only available to followers of that Twitter doctor a few lads here hate.

https://twitter.com/Antcon7062/status/1409637791005249545

Football is a hell of a drug

You’ll have to screenshot. Is he on private or am I blocked?

The touch from Benzema was absolutely sublime.

HIs tweet is that the meme of the Swiss supporter is actually Labour supporters on seeing the poll tonight which puts Bacik on 22% in Dublin Bay South, just 5% behind Geoghegan of FG.

Ah fair enough. Fair play to him he’s very good at the twitter in that regard. I’ll follow him to let him know my opinions on opinion polls

Today was the greatest day of television football since April 8th, 1990.

1 Like

Best pissup ever

If you went to a pub with scab labour the day of the Ireland-Italy match in 1994. There was a pub strike that day.

Not down the country there wasn’t.

1 Like