Euro 2020 thread (Part 1)

No wonder Labour never took Limerick West.

THey did once I thought?

tonight was all all about Dinamo Zagreb with Gavranovic and Orsic scoring quite brilliant goals in dead time, they were both utterly superb.

I’ve had x2 50 euro ew bets on this thing.
I did Croatia at 40s as they grow deep into tournaments, I thought that final 15 from them tonight was unbelievable , the waves of pressure and intercity of the play. I thought they had it but alas.

the Switzerland punt at 70/1 may be the best I’ve ever had now and I’ve probably jinxed this but that was absolute theater earlier…what about sferovic?

5 Likes

Switzerland are like an All-Balkan 11. Tito’s dream lives on in Geneva.

Oooft

I never really backed the Swiss before too as I thought they’ve really lacked that sense of national pride and spirit you need but that was heroic.

Big Petkovic is some manager.

What a day yesterday was.

The greatest game in the world, the beautiful game.

2 Likes

I thought you’d be more of a fan of a dour 0-0 than a high scoring 3-3 affair?

1 Like

Nope. I love the drama too. Nothing wrong with a 0-0 either.

1 Like

The music was written for that moment

1 Like

14 goals, last minute drama, mistakes, heroics, bodies on the line, refs letting it go, screamers, tap ins… all in a few hours.

Today has a lot to live up to. I don’t think it will

I voted Labour once. The only time I ever voted at home. 100% record.

1 Like

It’s interesting there’s been a few crazy knock out games. Probably a couple of key factors. The players look absolutely knackered after a condensed season and given teams can bring on 5 subs the games can be completely turned on it’s head.

The day has arrived.

Players being knackered usually leads to turgid knockout matches. Players look more energised this time. I definitely think the return of spectators has helped that.

I think it’s more fresh legs coming on and making hay against fairly exhausted players.

the use and timing of the substitutes is absolutely vital. Getting pace and energy on at certain times has been key to some of the KO games

I think the standard of defending might not be great which adds to the excitement .

There might be a small element of that but a lot of matches have tended be exciting from the get go.

Often international football seems like a drain on players compared to the club season. It feels much different this time, it feels like a release to most of them. Mbappe last night probably an exception. But even he was rampant against Germany in the first game.