Euro 2020 thread (Part 1)

Shit touch alright, but still a great tackle.

Start of that move summed up Kane. Sterling turns it over and Kane should be busting his bollocks to try and run in behind and draw a defender with him to open it up for Sterling, instead he runs into the space Sterling wants to attack and slows almost demanding the ball from Sterling 30 yards from goal.

1 Like

Did well but any defender at the level should be doing that . That said he could have put it in his own net

Hummels has played very well which may say more about England not being able to get him turned than anything else

1 Like

Had two great headers in the space of a minute when England were starting to threaten.

Ah it was great awareness when the easy option would have been to kick it back into the centre of the goal

His Limerick relations would come gunning for the panel

Maybe Kane is shit rather than out of form?

1 Like

Phillip’s and Rice both on yellows. Run everything through the middle

The blitzreig model

Saka has gone out of it after a half decent period from 10 minutes on.I’d say he’'ll be hooked soon enough. The pitch seems very lush and slow, which doesn’t lend itself to attacking football. The four matches at Wembley so far have finished after 90 minutes: 1-0, 0-0, 1-0 and 0-0.

I’ve only watched the last 20mins, but Kane is like a lad who’s pulled a hamstring and you’ve no other subs so you stand him in the corner to keep the corner back out of the way.

Is Gnabry woefully out of form or what?

Didi playing the poormouth there

Thanks for your first half input @the_man_himself. Enjoy the rest of the night at the match you’re heading off to.

Thanks mate, best of luck for the remainder of the game

Big Ron used to say the lush Wembley grass would tug at the calves more than a normal club ground.

2 Likes

He’s been shit in this tournament but they’ve played him through the middle and I’d imagine he’d prefer to be out wide.

Didi Haman is a better pundit than a gambler.

Was thinking the same. His directness would be a big threat with 2 eng defensive midfield on bookings