Euro 2020 thread (Part 1)

Interspersed with the odd dolly.
Herself just came in and said “crikey we’re ugly” as the camera panned the crowd.

1 Like

The Spanish and Croatian women were different class during the national anthems yesterday.

1 Like

I missed that :slightly_frowning_face:

Swiss v Denmark final

Harry Maguire MOTM. Officer Class.

The Beeb rubbing our faces in it here, interviewing the four Irish lads, Kane, Maguire, Rice & Grealish.

Ricey went from tweeting up the ra to being the loudest voice singing gstq in two years. Eoghan Harris took decades

Result is everything in a knock-out tournament game (clearly) so complete vindication for Southgate. It’s like when Davy Fitz, already playing the extra defender, rolls out formation template 7(b) and loads his forward line with stopper/enforcer types like Jack O’Connor and Aidan Nolan and tries to be solid, pragmatic and wear the opposition down.

Shaw did very well for both goals in fairness to him. There wasn’t much in the game. Germany had two huge chances, one in either half and I’d say it was close on xG!

There was one classic bloke for the people who look slow thread though there were quite a few candidates

Woeful game, like a match from Italia 90. I am still confident a team as bad as England cannot win it out. After the joy of yesterday their anti football stank the place out. Sad really because with a proper manager England could be good.

Shaw did well when Grealish came on. Grealish frees up the full back as the focus goes to him. Targett is a very effective attacking player for Villa when Grealish plays not so if he doesn’t. Shaw did use the bit of freedom excellently

1 Like

Hon Ukraine. Lovely goal

Lovely strike

The image of Swedes 2 Turnips 1 has begun to recede somewhat.

England favourites now for me. Route clear to the final without much challenge whereas who they meet would have to have come through big games. Plus they are a decent side.

That Swedish front 3 can worry England, great movement.

Ukraine getting the luck they deserve here

The Danes could trouble them I think.

Yeah - they are the most likely I think.

Also look at last night. anything can happen - international teams who have qualified for this tournament should be well organised at least

1 Like