Euro 2020 thread (Part 1)

He was sent off. Correctly.

Any player who isn’t in total control of his body is now to be sent off? The threshold is higher than that otherwise we’d see 8 red cards a half.

If they get a fella studs up with all studs around the knee with enough force to bend the leg the wrong way yeah, that’s reckless and out of control

We should have 20 red cards in this match so.

If we had VAR in 2016 that was a double red.

3 Likes

The referee was influenced by the injury, not the action.

1 Like

Belgium went down field and scored directly after that too I think.

Is he a physio as well? He initially didn’t send him off until he saw it in slow motion.

Yup

He saw his knee bend back on the video.

You generally wouldn’t follow through with a straight leg like that unless you were kicking a garryowen out of your hands.

Completely reckless and a correct red card.

Unfortunate the way it worked out but the ref was correct

The Ukrainian lad was coming forward. That massively increases the force and thus the leg bend.

I think that’s made it look like the Swedish player has gone in with a wild lunge and influenced the decision.

Anyway, We aren’t going to agree on this so I’m dropping it now

A bit like the Gomes injury and Son red card.

There’s probably about 10 or 15 far more dangerous tackles in that game. Just really, really bad luck.

1 Like

Not a red.

According to the rules?

Both sides here are so limited.

Its coming home.

Jesus England will be playing half a team in the next round

Yeah. The replay was too short a clip. The player wasn’t close when he extended his leg and won the ball.

4 Likes

It’s clear if yer man didn’t suffer a serious injury there then the referee does not send him off. That’s the nonsense of it, it’s reactionary.

Philips tackle in the Germany game was far more a red card and far more dangerous than that and it wasn’t even reviewed.

1 Like

Conspiracy