Euro 2020 thread (Part 1)

To be honest I’m delighted they’re out.

I couldn’t listen to the commentator say eeee-sack for Isak anymore

1 Like

I have to agree that Philips was a definite red.

Gabby looking well, as always :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Phillips is a dirty fucker - he’s had a few borderlines this tournament

Leeds sure. Bred into him.

Great to see the Swedes beaten. Their manager is a right dour prick.

about 3 days to recover - a few cryo sessions - bit of swimming etc. He looked in right pain though and the ones you do yourself are nearly always worse

1 Like

Huh? Well done to England, should get to the final now

I’d have given a penalty.

Southgates a lovely fella, really hope he pulls this off

His mother is Irish FFS sake

Martin Keown very strong on it being a red

Fired? A yank wrote that surely

I saw that after I posted :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I was sickened by that red card decision. Lineker’s tweets on it actually summarised my views on it too. Sent off after kicking the ball away because the other fucker ran into his foot. Where does this end? Zinchenko should therefore have been sent off for kicking the ball off a fella’s head later on, the way that hun ref sent Johnny Doyle off back in the day. Sure that was dangerous too. Kicking the ball hard at head height. Fucking ridiculous stuff. I felt Ewan MacKenna and Paul Treyvaud levels of outrage watching it. And it was exacerbated by idiots parroting these dumb catchphrases…that’s a red card in this day and age…he gave the referee a decision to make…he showed his studs…I’m still seething now actually and I was only in Sweden once before (day trip to Malmö from Copenhagen in 2018).

1 Like

The vast, vast majority of all these prima donnas are one-legged. I was involved with juveniles for many years and their ability to use both feet was and indeed had been ingrained in them from their earliest days.
A canny farmer would feed a weanling for 2 days in the patch of ground some of these need to get turned in. Cod’s the most of them.

2 Likes

I was coached to use both feet from the age of 6. When I went coaching myself I couldn’t believe the amount of lads who couldn’t open their body to either side. Absolutely zero basics. they could do 400 keepy uppies though and enough stepovers to bate the band

1 Like

Not worth a shit on a wet evening in Aughawillan. I find the reliance on the wan foot incredible in this soccer league. Some lads are beyond malojeon….

1 Like

I did that on a Sunday late afternoon in November some years back. Malmo made Larne seem like Las Vegas. I walked around for an hour and then returned to Copenhagen to go to a pub to see Northern Ireland being eliminated from the World Cup by Switzerland and hear that St. Vincent’s had been eliminated from the Leinster club football championship by a team from Wicklow.

2 Likes

Rathnew

2 Likes