Euro 2020 thread (Part 1)

I was in Sweden in 2004 and saw the England
Portugal game in Gothenburg (lovely spot). I’ve rarely seen a bar erupt like when Beckham missed.

1 Like

Anyone’s trophy with France out. If Dechumps had brought a few more defenders France would have walked it. An Italy England final would be interesting. The chic suave Italians against the brutish and boring English. I think England would likely win.

I’d say the Rabiot family vote Le Pen

Rabiot’s upcoming move to united is no surprise you’d feel.

Mrs Rabiot is a cross looking woman

2 Likes

England will be delighted that Sweden are gone meaning that the shadow of the Swedes 1 Turnips 0 headline is removed from the quarter final tie. The likely headlines on Sundays back pages are now Crimea River (already used by one red top about last nights match) and Chicken Kiev.

5 Likes

Wonderfully French.

UK-Reign

2 Likes

I was going to say “England Lviv On” but it falls down because nobody who reads English red tops has ever heard of Lviv.

She’s had a long track record of being batshit. Think she acts/acted as his agent too? Tells you all you need to know about the man.

1 Like

Toni Kroos, Thomas Mueller and Luka Modric all set to retire from International Football.

3 men who really brought a big game feel to proceedings over the past decade or more.

3 Likes

3 Steppes to Glory

1 Like

Hoped Modric would go to the next WC. A real shame

2 Likes

He’ll be coaxed back if they make it.

That would be a real pity with Modric. Could easily play in the next world cup at least though qualification won’t be straight forward for them

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him come back yet. Having the next World Cup in November and December is a strange one for lads who might be planning to retire next summer.

Didn’t Keith Wood basically quit club rugby in the final part of his career so he could get himself right for the 2003 World Cup, and then retired straight afterwards?

You could see Modric do something similar. Maybe get a short term deal to play for Dinamo Zagreb or something to keep his eye in.

What’s the story with the 2022/2023 club season?

August - October and then back in January to June?

Stephanie Roche retired from French club football to concentrate on getting her head right for the puskas awards but came out retirement shortly after to play back in the Irish leagues

8 Likes

Presume the 2023 Champions League final would be pushed back to when you’d have a World Cup/Euros final, so probably the second week of July.