Euro 2020 thread (Part 1)

Rice and Philips controlling the tempo? Couldnt control the tempo v Scotland.

Rice and Phillips are there to make England annoying as fuck to play against. If England play Italy or Spain, it will be Italy or Spain who fancy their chances of playing on the front foot. That’s what Rice and Phillips are there to disrupt.

Yeah surely that’s the game for them ? Not expected to control tempo but to lay into the less physical Italian midfield

Exactly yeah, they negated Germany. They didn’t dominate them or control any tempo of any sort.

They didn’t dominate them but they did control the tempo and played the game as they were happy to play it. They played it on the terms they wanted.

Yes but that won’t be a problem till the 60th minute when he has to put Grealish on. There wasn’t a problem before tgen

What won’t be a problem?

England will concede that sector and thst is what will make it interesting

I dunno lads. There’s a bunch of fellas on here who think England can out-Italy Italy. Really? A bunch of lads thrown together over the last few weeks will break down that Italian defence? England don’t want to attack. Italy will not give England space to break and have more than enough to trouble that england midfield and expose just how shit their defence can be. I honestly can’t see how England could beat them if they meet in a final. I also think Italy will wipe the floor with that Spanish side. Can’t see Morata or Torres/Moreno/Sarabia getting a sniff off them. Forza Italia.

But England wouldn’t be going out to out-Italy Italy. They’d say to Italy “try and play the way you want, suits us”.

And if England do allow Italy to do that, they’ll be destroyed. Look at Belgium tonight.

Lads arguing about a match that may never happen.

1 Like

Defence superb again. Jorginho gave a tour de force at anchor again. Always gave the right pass, allowed De Bruyne no space to do his thing. This is a real TEAM, no ego, all playing for the team. They would die for each other.

Forza Italia! Vivo Azzurro! :it:

1 Like

Spain or Italy will beat England if England make it that far. Bookmark it

1 Like

England are a very different team to Belgium. Belgium are a front foot team who tonight were shorn of the player they require to control midfield. Belgium are not a “grind it out” team. They’re a cycling downhill team. And Belgium’s defence was shit. England’s defence is not.

1 Like

I hope Denmark or the Czechs win

Spain ., England and Italy are big money Charlies .

Says the lad who spent the day wondering if he’d be good at golf if he learnt to putt…

1 Like

You’re thinking of a different Italy …their keeper was one of their best players tonight …also the young Belgian winger fcukin skint them time and time again

If you’re not prepared to argue about a match that may never happen, you’re dead inside.

2 Likes

Alrighty then