Euro 2020 thread (Part 1)

He won’t be next season. He’ll get a move

If Italy can keep playing like that they will smash England. Will destroy England in midfield.

I’ll venture to disagree with you here. The Danes will beat the Czechs and will give England all they want in the semi final.
If Ingerland get through to meet Italy they’ll be played off the park but still might steal it. Italy are the only team that has a chance of beating Ingerland in the final.
FORZA ITALIA or something

UKRAINE choo choo

2 Likes

Don’t think they will…think English midfield will lay into them…witzel was on his own there tonight

They won’t get near them to lay into them.

Anybody but Ingurland

I hope it’s an England-Denmark semi-final. That would have an element of box office about it.

I think Italy won’t be able to play the way they like against Spain. I think Spain are too good at hogging the ball. But Italy can play certainly play defence too, and Spain aren’t so great at playing attack. I’ll go for penalties in that one after a 0-0.

1 Like

Na. Verratti, Jorginho and Barella would embarrass that piss average England midfield.

1 Like

England would control the tempo and grind them down.

Do you not think they’ll just physically bully them ?

Rice and Phillips controlling tempo? You having a laugh? Italy would be the ones controlling the pace of the game and “grinding them down”.

Some of the triangular passing and pressing was like watching Guardiola’s Barcelona tonight. Italy were absolutely phenomenal and have been by far the best team in the tournament.

3 Likes

He was Brilliant. KDB bigging up was showed up again in the big games

He’s a bit of a soft bollox alright

England controlled the tempo against Germany, who had four World Cup winners and a few more Champions League winners. That’s what their whole game plan is about. Plus they will have a fanatical crowd behind them, which matters.

Luis Enrique will be itching to get the Italians after what they did to him in ‘94 (?)

First of all, no England did not. England’s entire selection and gameplan was reacting and negating whatever Germany could do. Up until the goal, they were hoping for a cheeky set piece goal to go ahead.

Secondly, this Italian team is a far more formidable outfit than that washed German team managed by a finished coach.

Mancini is not going to lose a battle of wits to Southgate.

Italy win on the pitch, on the sideline, and everywhere else. Forza Italia.

5 Likes

@Tassotti would remember that one. It’ll be interesting. You don’t often get a major international tournament with a semi-final with two managers who have won a Champions League and Premier League respectively.

Rice & Phillips? Seriously

England very successfully negated Germany. They ground them down, disspirited them, and exploited them. Italy now have one bombscare of a full back - on the side on which England scored twice against Germany - and the other full back out injured.

Anyway Italy being in the final is 50/50 at best. If I had a gun put to my head, I’d pick Spain to come through, just.