Euro 2020 thread (Part 1)

He is.

Donnarumma did a smashing job of following his roll out for the Chiesa goal. Like a bowlsman who likes the look of his roll, he had a few big strides after the ball when he saw the attack opening up.

5 Likes

Unbelievable chops from Jorgie there. Despite one lapse in concentration, I thought Bonucci and Chiellini were sublime all night.

So delighted for Mancini after having to clean up Ventura’s mess.

That Italian performance was like a @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy argument here - got absolutely battered but hung in there so long they eventually won…

8 Likes

There wasn’t as he missed the final. Cafu played right back. Both Brazilian starting full backs didn’t finish the tournament

1 Like

I hope Chiesa is fit for final, be a massive loss.

1 Like

Jorginho came off injured in the final if I remember rightly.

Rule Italia! Italia rules the waves!

1 Like

One for the “Things I Learned Today” thread

Boss.

2 Likes

:clap:

1 Like

He’s Jamaican and English. Came to England at 5.

Great final.

1 Like

Calcio is coming home.

Jorginho started the 1994 World Cup Final for Brazil. Cafu came on as a sub for him after he got injured.

1 Like

Jamaica is part of the Empire.

Robbed by Tim Vickery on Twitter but would keepers not just be better off waiting until he kicks it on Jorginho’s penalties? Some will still go in but he basically kicks it in at passing pace

For all the possession and control of the game Spain had, they didn’t create an awful lot. Bar the missed header from Jose Maria, they didn’t really have the clear chances. Italy probably as many good chances as them if not more.

Mancini got it wrong taking off Immobile at that point. The game was open up for him to get in behind and Italy would have had so many opportunities to hit him.

2 Likes

I remember backing Albertini to score first goal at 25/1 and trying it on with lady in paddy powers after he scored first in the shoot out