Euro 2020 thread (Part 1)

I remember him well, fantastic player. Played for Bayern. Always thought he missed final through injury.

4 Likes

In the kit :heart_eyes:

Mancini got totally outfoxed tonight …

He did but Enrique missed a trick in ET. Thought Italy were very, very comfortable in that second half. Spanish substitutes made no impact. When you look at the trouble someone so raw and explosive like Doku caused Italy in midweek then Adama was a real game changer left unused on the bench.

1 Like
1 Like

Sorry?

2 Likes

Ooft

Don’t see how you can come to that conclusion upon viewing the match. Spain had a lot of the ball but didn’t do a whole lot with it. The only potential weak link was Emerson and he was subbed before he could become a liability. Italy created almost all the best chances and counter attacked very well, the goal a perfect example.

Mancini got his tactics spot on. Aside from
one lapse in concentration by Bonucci ball watching for the goal.

This is simply not true. Spain clearly had the better chances

2 Likes

Taking Immobile off was a big mistake.

Chiellini was more responsible for the goal.

What chances?

Well done Italy. Please god they close the deal now. I dont think they’ll be classic winners of this tournament but that’s very often the case with the Euros - Portugal or Greece weren’t classic winners either. The competition rewards toughness over all.

Morata mostly had a pretty good tournament but should have been permanently taken off all penalties after he missed the first one in the groups. That was a mad decision.

1 Like

I’d agree with this. They were very rushed in their attempts at goal until Morata scored though.

Mancini wasn’t outfoxed either though. He just didn’t have the tools to change busquets dominance. Verratti was terrible.

Italy got control when locatelli went on and busquets went off. He has to start locatelli in the final

Thought Verratti had a fine game myself. Broke up a huge amount of play.

1 Like

The goal, the Oyarzabal missed header from point blank range, Olmo had a good chance in the first half, Busquets had a decent chance in the second. Italy had fairly little really

1 Like

It was a mistake taking Busquets off but I guess he’d missed a penalty in the previous game.

The header was the only decent chance they created outside the goals. Genuinely thought Italy looked more threatening on the break.

Spain for all their struggled badly to create anything, everything was percentage chances hoping to do it by pressure. They keep the ball well and are tidy but badly lack a cutting edge.

Italy had good chances through Berardi, another one from Chiesa and the one in the first half where Simon was out of play. Spain huffed and puffed but bar Jose Maria and the goal created nothing.

The other two chances you mentioned are half chances at best. Both shots outside the box I think.

1 Like

The best chance of the lot was when pedri played oryazabal through and he dithered. He was clean through