Euro 2020 thread (Part 1)

No way Chiellini would have got at Ramos they way he got at Alba.

The shootout was won there and then.

I am so fuckin proud to be Italian

6 Likes

We’re going to do it :denmark:

8 Likes

Enjoyed that article. Thanks.

1 Like

Today is 7/7 Itsin the stars

The Danes won the last meeting between the two at Wembley. Be nice to see a side with some pedigree in the tournament progress

Thought the football last night was sublime, especially the second half of normal time. Spain were excellent and Luis Enrique’s tactics ensured they controlled midfield. It was a bit quirky/perverse/ironic/none of the above that they went behind, despite that, and needed Morata to come on and level it.

As that freak Horncastle says in his entertaining article, Olmo as false nine both gave them an extra body in midfield in possession but also allowed him to disrupt Jorginho and stop the Italians building attacks. It reminded me of the CL Final in 2009 when Guardiola played Messi in that role when he’d usually played wide right up to that point, and Manchester United were totally flummoxed. It precipitated one of the great TFK meltdowns from @Captainshan too, of course.

I thought Italy were really on the ropes in the first half of extra time, but they got a second wind after that and matched Spain to the end. It probably coincided with Busquets going off, he really orchestrated things for Spain.

Spain were unlucky but I was glad Italy got through.

3 Likes

Ireland must be the bravest side in the world… ever…

:heart_eyes:

two 3-4-3/5-2-3 formations on show
Delaney and Holberg vs Rice and Phillips does not have the same allure as Busquets vs Jorginho.

When both sides are set up to play on the counter it’s dreadful.

1 Like

Would be of the opinion that Denmark offer more going forward. 1-0 Denmark.

25% of Shinners want England to win the tournament. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Tipperary the only county where the majority favour an England win

On a zoom with a client in Yorkshire - 13 English lads all in either English jerseys or with St George backgrounds.

I’m Danish today

People call for Ireland to mature as a nation, but I can’t get the folk memory of the brutal invasion by the countrymen of one of tonight’s teams out of my mind. Those bastards mercilessly committed rape, pillage and murder in Ireland. And their country has never renounced that rotten history, in fact they’re proud of it. And I cannot forgive them for that. I can never forgive them.

So fuck Denmark. England all the way for me.

1 Like

I was on a zoom meeting with about 20 English folk this morning. Wasn’t mentioned. Was out running with Damo just there now. He asked was I watching it, I asked what time it was at. He didn’t know.

Gambling addicts answer PP poll. Ok then…

I used to absolutely despise the Danes but will be the proudest man in Proudsville tonight if they find a way.

Tipperary people don’t like anywhere which threatens their dominance over the Irish pork products market, so naturally they hate the Danes. You could say they have a bit of a tinfoil hat syndrome about them.

Was there a poll on PP? I missed it. Must have been too busy gambling…

at least the Danes had the good grace to fuck off once they got a few chalices