Euro 2020 thread (Part 1)

The Danes have every chance. England have been known for meltdowns for generations. They are creaky as you like at the back, and average enough up front. **

** In the two thirds of a game I’ve seen

Danes coming back from Doha to play is very tough scheduling.

I hope so. England could win on ‘moments’ though.

There’s a lovely arrogance to the Dane’s. That time their fans gave us the fingers outside The Bath Pub after the 1-5 will live long in the memory.

2 Likes

Doha is in the UAE kid.

1 Like

He hadn’t a bulls notion how to stop Olmo getting on the ball… Olmo was finding the same space in the first minute as he was in the 120th …

1 Like

I think that was calculated risk. he would have had to sacrifice attacking threat to nullify Olmo

Sorry Baku

Stay safe @flatty. I still remember the volatility and anger on the streets of Tooting when England lost against Portugal in 2000. Myself and Mic went back to the flat for a few tokes after 2 pints. Cracker of a match Though.

2 Likes

I think el lucho won the tactical battle …Italy’s midfield came in as all action unstoppable force , they didn’t get a sniff …his positioning of Olmo was a masterstroke for a team who were fcukin pedestrian up to that match…

I’ll be in the house. I don’t mind it tbh. It clears the roads for a couple of hours. If they did win it that cunt Johnson will try and claim it as a success of brexit. If they lose, it’ll be Jonny forreNerS fault, and wE WEre RitE 2 LEe ve

funny it wasn’t until he brought on a striker that they scored. Having all the ball is no good to you unless you can put it in the goals

Alyzerbal could have had hat trick ,Olmo missed a great chance too…

City had the same problem all season with the false 9 - the non strikers missed any amount of goal scoring opportunities - you can’t beat a goal scorer getting the ball in the 18 yard box.

Calculated risk from Mancini.

The Rui Costa goal was sensational.

Spain hardly created a chance bar the header.

And the Figo one. Seaman didn’t even see it

And bar the 11 attempts on goal…

Not chances mate.

They were utterly blunt and fearful in attack.

Lateral passing and caution on the ball won’t win you matches. Donnarumma had one decent stop to make in 120 minutes.

English will prefer playing the Italians than the Spanish pal…

Don’t know about that. Spain have no cutting edge. England and Spain has penalties written all over it.